OK vs L - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK vs L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK vs L

Hey

Just a quick question. How do you guys think an Ogre army would shape up against an army of Lizardmen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Theory crafting i would say poorly. The ogres main defence is their toughness and skinks just throw that out the window. Not to mention Cold blooded reduces another of our benifits. Fear. All in all Lizzy's cause us some ruckus
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So im going to be facing mostly lizardmen. And Im making a unit of 6 bulls with full command.

Im not sure if I should give the bulls two hand weapons or ironfists?
    And in a unit of bulls can you have some with two hand weapons and some with ironfists?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

No, you can't mix. All models in a unit are equipped the same. Skinks are your bane. Those poisoned shots will hurt you big time. Use leadbelchers or terror causers to get rid of the little buggers.

And watch out for magic. LM players can go heavy with magic or combat. Prepare as you can for both. A tyrant can handle an old blood, but have at least 2 butchers ready.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree theory-hammer wise were screwed. Fortunaly In actual play they are not too big of a problem, I would sujest some DoW dualists or Trappers if you think your enemy will be unsing alot of skinks If hes magic heavya hell heart a couple scrolls and a couple butchers is realy all you can do. And if he is going combat Iron guts are they way to go, there high strength makes them very usefull for killing saurus or kroxigors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trappers are a great way to counter skinks, gnobbos are also a good distraction. LM hate it when gnobbos get in the way of the ogres because they dont want to waste their precious skink shots on them. I agree that you need at least two butchers. Also if they are playing a lot of block troops or saurus, then make sure to get the flank. They are pretty hard to break considering cold blooded. Also watch out for that banner that lm players always put on cold ones, the banner that makes them move an extra d6 for a charge. That banner was the reason I lost my first game to them because I didnt know it existed and the cold ones ran down my line. Casting brain gobbler on skinks is also a quick way to get rid of them especially if you have the skull mantle on your butcher.
    Armies: Dark Eldar, Ogre Kingdoms, Beasts of Chaos, Orcs & Goblins, Warriors of Chaos
    Past Armies: Dwarfs, Mortal Chaos, Imperial Guard, Space Marine

+ Reply to Thread