2000pt competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt competitive list

Grimgor Ironhide

Black orc big boss, heavy armour, shield

Night goblin shaman, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

19 boyz, additional choppaz, fc

20 boyz, additional choppaz, fc

46 night goblins, spears, nets, fc, 3 fanatics

5 wolf riders, spears, musician

5 wolf riders, spears, musician

2 spear chukkaz

20 black orcs, shields, fc, Mork's spirit totem

Giant

Questions -

1) Is speed going to be a real issue with this army? If so, what should I swap out for a faster moving unit (e.g. spider riders)?

2) Is having such an expensive general going to reduce the effectiveness/flexibility of this army when up against tough opponents?

3) Almost 50 NGs in 1 unit - too many?

Thanks for any replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this list is pretty good man. some might argue that grimgor should only be used in larger lists but whatever.
    #1 i like spider riders for the poison and wall crawlin'... so they tend to get the flank pretty easily. don't forget to waaagh!
    #2 dude... grimgor is IMO one of the best characters out there... and i used to play bretonnians... so i know.. he basically just needs a delivery system (the black orcs that are now immune to psyco!).. get him in and get a flank with the riders and or orcs....yeah thats a bad day for your opponent....
    more to come later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that bloack orcs need grork's waaagh baner, cause they're too slow and grimgor won't fight with anythink.
    imo you have very weak anti-magic, change this big unit of night goblins to 27 with 2 fanatics, standard, musician and nets, they dont need spears, they don't killing anything, they must have CR. for this poins you can buy a night goblin shaman with 2xDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I give the Black Orcs Gork's Waaagh banner, I can't have Mork's Spirit Totem which provides excellent magic defence. IMO I don't think I need to spend even more points on magic defence (night goblin scroll caddy) considering how small my army is already. Maybe I should take out the spear chukkaz and some night goblins for more regular boyz. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies so far

+ Reply to Thread