Grishnork's WAAAAAGH - 3000 pts - first tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Grishnork's WAAAAAGH - 3000 pts - first tournament

Grishnork’s WAAAAGH! - For tournament - 3000 pts

This armylist is for a tournament in march.

Tactics: The list is for CLOBBERING the enemy in a very mean and green fashion plus it looks quite intimidating on the battlefield ;-)

All ranke dup units autowaagh together with the Wyvern and the Chariot. It is possible to move Grishnork from the Boyzmob to the Boarboyz, if the opposing army demands it, but otherwise this is the setup I plan to use.

I have a very good magic defence but not much magic offense, but I like h2h more than I like to use magic, so…

The two NG units are for the flanks to take care of flanking flyers or skirmishers, fast cavalry. Furthermore they defend the artillery…

The main units (2 x orc + 1 x Blorc) deploy side by side if possible with the exception of the Boar Boyz, which is deployed more strategically in each game. The Giant and the chariot will support the Black Orc unit to defend it and the banner it’s carrying.

Finally the wyvern and the squigs will try to take out enemyheroes, warmachines as well as lending much apreciated flanking support for the 3 main units.

Grishnork DA Bonesnappara' (270 Pts)
    Blackorc Warboss General;
    Heavy Armour
    Boar, Martog's Best Basha, Enchanted Shield ,Effigy of Mork and Bigged's Kickin' Boots

5 S 6 attacks + boar, 1+ AS and - 1 to hit... Should be pretty effective in combat!

Boyz Mob (147 Pts)
    22 Orc Boyz
    Shields and full command except boss

Mox Banna'Wavva' (2#, 160 Pts)
    Black Orc Big Boss (Battle Standard Bearer)
    Ulag’s Akrit Axe and Amulet of Protectiness

Decently protected with 3 S 5 attacks with reroll on the charge...

Boyz Mob (153 Pts)
    23 Orc Boyz
    Shields and full command except boss

Gizla Badmoon (100 Pts)
    Night Goblin Shaman
    Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

Magic defence!

Night Goblin Mob (147 Pts)
    20 Night Goblins
    Musician and Standard
    shortbows and 3 Fanatics

Guzmob DA Bomba' (100 Pts)
    Night Goblin Shaman
    2 Dispel Scroll

Magic defence # 2

Night Goblin Mob (122 Pts)
    20 Night Goblins
    Musician and Standard
    shortbows and 2 Fanatics

Ruglub Wywaboss (429 Pts)
    Black Orc Warboss
    Heavy Armour; Shield
    Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss's 'At, Sword of Striking and Warboss Imbad’s Iron Ghashas

4 S 5 attacks with killingblow and + 1 to hit... Should be an effective characterkiller... And then there is the wyvern!!!

Black Orcs (424 Pts)
    24 Black Orcs
    Full command; Heavy Armour; Shield
    Mork's Spirit Totem

Takrek Boss Killa' (221 Pts)
    Black Orc Big Boss
    Heavy Armour; Shield
    Shaga's Screamin' Sword

This guy is quite scary... 3 - 9 (probably 5) S 4 - 10 (probably 6) attacks plus 1d6 S 5 impacthits, + 3 S 5 attacks on the charge.. Screamersword is quite insane in 3000+ games... Nice

Boar Boyz Mob (196 Pts)
    6 Orc Boar Boyz Big’Uns
    Nogg's Banner of Butchery

7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers (105 Pts)

Goblin Rock Lobber (70 Pts)

Goblin Spear Chukka (35 Pts)

Goblin Spear Chukka (35 Pts)

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult (80 Pts)

Giant (205 Pts)

Total PD 4

Total DD 4 + 1 (staff) + 3 (banner) = 8 + 2 scrolls

Total Roster Cost: 2999

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

well, your army list was a bit hard to read If you could, please use this format (as it is the most generally used and easy to read).

20 bla

15 bla bla

That would help
    otherwise, that army looks pretty well thought out. I do so love the black orcs and the pure amount of cheese you can use with them. might I suggest using maads map with your wyvern-rider? If you can make room, this can be devastating against artillary heavy armies (dwarfs) and armies who are reliant on super-uber-juggernaoughts-of-doom that usually need screening (chaos). Or even armies that rely on vulnerable sorcerers for a lot of things (no specific army comes to mind).
    Last edited by Hemogoblin; February 8th, 2008 at 21:55. Reason: spelling/grammar
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

+ Reply to Thread