Librarium Online Forums banner

2000pt wyvern list

656 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chrisr18 
#1 ·
Yo, here's my attempt at trying to get a wyvern into 2000points.
Do people think it'll work?
I haven't seen it tried in many 2000pt lists.

Characters:

Black orc warboss - 436
- wyvern
- heavy armour
- Ulags akrit axe
- bigged's kickin boots
- warboss ums best boss hat

Black orc Big boss - 164
- BSB
- Morks spirit totem
- Heavy armour

Night goblin shaman - 100
- staff of sneaky stealing

Night goblin shaman - 75
- dispel scroll

Troops:

24 orcs - 198 (BSB goes here)
- additional choppa
- full command

25 night goblins - 145
- full command
- spears
- fanatic

20 night goblins - 85
- bows
- fanatic

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

20 black orcs - 318
- shields
- full command

6 savage orc boar boys - 209
- spears
- shields
- full command
- Gork's waagh! banner

rock lobber

2 spear chukkas

total: 2000.

Basically wondering whether people think I have too much magic defense and what other combinations of items they might use on the warboos on the wyvern.
any critiscism is good.

Basic plan for the army:
Refuse one flank with the night goblin units, fanatics and shooting.
Deploy the BLack orcs and orcs slightly to one side of the centre with the boar boys further to this side with the wyvern. Hopefully roll up this flank while sucessfully defending the other.

anyways, cheers for any response.

andre

See less See more
#2 ·
I would probably put the bsb on a boar for more armor, and stick him in a less conspicuous unit (like the orcs instead of black orcs) he would also quell animosity. drop the shaman with the scroll and pick up a goblin big boss on a gigantic spider and give him wallopa's one hit wunda. seriously dude, check it out.

#3 ·
Suggestion for warboss with wyvern. I would take shagas screaming sword and efigy of mork. If you take a wyvern you likely will be in combat quickly with 'fly'. This means his herose will probably be within 12 inches of you...at least 2.

Only major problem i see with you list is that there is no point in a wyvern unless you are charging quickly. I dont see much in the way of a fast powerful charge in your army except your lord. Maybe exchange the warmachines for some fast crack units.

In my army i have a lord on wyvern, 2 giants, a chariot, 5 boar boys, and a goblin bomb. This is what i mean by a fast attack. You dont have to go to that extreme if you want a balanced army, but you also dont want your orc on wyvern to be caught out in front of your own army with no support. If you want aslow army, just put your boss in a unit and spend the 200 pts on something other than a wyvern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.