2000 points, Orcs/Goblins, Tournament (want help) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points, Orcs/Goblins, Tournament (want help)

Hey this is my 2000 point list, it's alright on magic defense, very fighty, with minimal cavalry (I have a seperate 1000 point note I use when I go up to 3000, it's only cavalry).

Grimgor Ironhide

He fights, and wins, I figure since he's on foot the enemy will try to avoid him, but when they get bogged down by other infantry he can always make himself known.

Black Orc Big Boss - 180
    -boar
    -BSB
    -heavy armor
    -talisman of protection
    -Mortag's best basha
    -collar of Zorga
    -enchanted shield

He'll sit in an infantry unit (the night goblins with spears) and either charge in with them, or charge out of them to attack weak targets, he has 1+ armor save 6+ ward, good weapon, the usual. He is also used to quell animosity (I don't like animosy in my force).

Goblin Big Boss - 119
    -Gigantic spider
    -Wallopa's one hit wunda
    -tricksy trinket
    -light armor
    -shield

This guy has str 10 attacks for one round, enemy doesn't get ward saves either, he's basicly one of those "I'm feeling lucky" for taking out bigger characters or monsters. He's also sitting on a lovely monstrous mount, so hes actually still useful once he reverts back to low strength attacks (unlike the usualy wolf mounted goblin bombs).

Night Goblin shaman - 100
    -staff of sneaky stealin'

Magic defense... there isn't much else he does.

Da Immortulz x20 (grimgore's black orcs) - 318
    -shields
    -full command

This unit is pretty straight forward, 5x4 block, they accompany Grimgor Ironhide and look great.

Black Orcs x20 -368
    -shields
    -full command
    -Mork's spirit totem

I love black orcs, and I love magic defense, I figure if I put my heroes elsewhere (which I do anyways) they look less scarey and therefore less likely to get shot up losing me dispel dice. Also having another unit the same size but with Grimgore they will be pretty much left alone in the shooting phase.

Spear Chukkas x2

They are so cheap and help to take down big nasties, or they can easily make their points back if I point them at ranked up elite infantry like: chaos warriors, sword masters or temple guard, and maybe some juicy knights that are trying to flank charge my infantry.

Night Goblins x27 -128
    -spears
    -full command

This is the unit that will have the battle standard bearer. Also I think enemies will approach with caution thinking there may be fanatics while there really aren't.

Night Goblins x26 -173
    -full command
    -fanatics x3

This unit will have the shaman in it, and I think the three fanatics should take good care of any lone/fast wizard snipers out there... or cause some good old fashioned havok in the enemy lines.

Forest Goblin Spider Riders -71
    -musician

Flanking force or warmachine hunters that can walk through terrain like nothing... yes please. Also used for distracting frenzied troops so I can get flank charges with my regular black orcs (I use them in concert)

Orc Boyz x13 -98
    -shields
    -musician
    -champion
    Just a filler unit that enemies might forget about, plus if I don't want to put the Goblin on gigantic spider alone or with spider riders, he can lead these boyz. Also if the enemy has frenzied troops like khorne knights or blood knights they can walk a little ahead of Grimgor & Immortulz and flee (no standard to leave behind) getting the black orcs the charge, or flee from strong enemy cavalry who charge them, same as before (and if they charge grimgor, he'll strike first).

This force is all about smashing faces. I have a small amount of shooting and cavalry to make it a little more flexible, also note the cavalry mounted heroes leading infantry. Unless the enemy is extremely magic heavy I don't think they'll get much through, what with the 7 dispel dice to start, and the enemy having 1 less power dice due to the staff on my shaman.

Thats my force, it comes out to exactly 2000 points, I haven't lost any games with it at my gaming club (it's all pretty friendly) but I haven't fought new high elves or Vampire counts. Any tips or suggestions for those guys? I want to try it at a tournament, and need help tweeking it.

I hope you experienced warbosses can give me some tips, I didn't get any replies when I marked it friendly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not trying to sound silly or anything but i dont see a enchanted shield in my army book. but im totally new to this game and to board war games altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The enchanted shield is on page 42 under common magic items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh sorry

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ready4anything View Post

Black Orc Big Boss - 180
    -boar
    -BSB
    -heavy armor
    -talisman of protection
    -Mortag's best basha
    -collar of Zorga
    -enchanted shield
    This is illegal. Collar of Zorga is a Talisman, cannot be combined with, obviously, the Talisman of Protection. nitty little thing, but you don't want to show up at a tournament with an illegal list, however minor the infraction may be =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, where else should I spend that 15 points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guzzle, slurp, burp!

Quote Originally Posted by Ready4anything View Post
    thanks, where else should I spend that 15 points?
    For 15 points and a modicum of excitement, take Guzzla'a Battle Brew. There is a 2/3 chance you will be bestowed with re-rolls to hit in the first round of all combats, and a 1/3 chance of getting an extra attack as well! Sure there is also a 1/3 chance of becoming stupid but have faith in Gork and Mork, and it will never happen.

Stupidity wouldn't really be much of a bad thing anyway, at Ld 8 (or 9 for Grimgor) you will be cackling like a Night Goblin high on dem 'shrooms!

Happy guzzling!
    Last edited by mattapplegate; April 19th, 2008 at 08:31. Reason: Typo.

+ Reply to Thread