Rediculously crazy NG list 2k pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rediculously crazy NG list 2k pts.

OK, so this is my second list i think that i have posted. My first one i have worked out nicely and its a solid standard list. IM working on writing a list to face elves also. I ll post that whenever i finish figuring it out.
    SO. This list as you can see can traple your enemy or it can kick you in the face.
    BUT. who can complain with a SQUIG BASED ARMY. (only problem... where to get the squigs without paying hundreds of dollars).

LORD:
    -Skarsnik and Gobbla.
    205 points

HEROES:
    -Night Gobbo Big Boss, cave squig, light armour and shield, martags best basha
    99 points

-Night Gobbo Big boss, Cave squig, light armour and shield, sword of striking
    99 points

- Goblin Shaman, staff of sneaky stealin (just for some magic defense). Biting
    blade, collar of zorga
    115 points

CORE UNITS:

- 40 Night Gobbos spear/shield, standard, musician, nets, three fanatics....
    Skarsnik goes in this unit.
    282 points

- 20 Ngiht goblins, standard musician
    72 points

- 21 night gobbos standard musician
    75 points

-10 Spider riders, standard musician
    148 points

SPECIAL UNITS:

- 30 squig hoppers taking up three of my specials. The punch of my
    army
    450 points

- 3 Squig Teams
    90 points

RARE UNITS:
    -Giant
    205 points
    - 4 Trolls
    160 points.

Tell me what you think. This list is obviously for fun. I could use it seriously if I took the Giant out and the Trolls and added in 2 doom divers and in two doom divers and put in two more units of 30 night gobblins.. Either list ends in 2000 POINTS EVEN.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of taking Skarsnik you could take that fat goblin in the chariot. One of his rules is he doesent fear elves and any unit he joins gains this abil (for as long as he is joined ofcourse).

It looks like a fun list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for the Elves list of course I ll take Grom (fat guys in chariot) because thats the only way to build a list against elves. AND as long as Grom is the general every single gobbo doesnt fear elves anymore. But in this list i have to take skarsnik because hes the cheapest and since its squig themed I gotta have him with gobbla. I hope its a fun list. But like I said I wonder how to even get 30 squigs for less than 150 bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer ofcourse i run Skarsnik. Also i made a mistake with one of his rules its not when he joins units, its a global effect but you already said it lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I would probably drop the squig team and either put in a rock lobber or two spear chukkas. wipe out elf infantry befoe they get to you.

Which type of elf are you facing btw as that can influence you list alot?

For instance against high elves i would be tempted by a few wolf chariots and pump wagons so i can get impact hits in before the ASF.

Skarsnik is always good and i would choose him over grom anyway as you only fear elves if they (somehow) outnumber you 2-1, and squigs are immune to psych anyway so no worries there.

I dont like trolls as they have a tendancy to mess things up unless you keep them on a short leash next to your general so they can use his Ld, which idealy is where you would rather have another unit of goblins.

As for your units of night goblins. they need to idealy be larger to a minimun of about 30 and tool them with at least 1-2 fanatics so people think twice about charging them. nets would also be usefull, making S3 elves S2

Hope this helps a little,

Saltrock36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i think i ll take out the trolls and increase the units of 20 to 33 and spend the extra points on a doom diver. I might possibly drop the squig team and put in a chariot and some extra gobbos in some unit. But idk I like the models and the rules. remember this list is mostly fun. But as for facing elves Im expecting to face dark elves and wood elves more t han hight elves. any tips for dark elves?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

With dark elves you can expect to get a fiar fight as your not worrying about ASF or a Skirmish army. Like all elves they have light armour but a high basic WS.

Things to look out for with dark elves depends greatly upon the army type your facing. be warey of Bolt throwers as they excel at taking out enemy war machine crews early on. Same with repeater crossbows, they can do alot of damage if they get a few turns of shooting, enough to whitle goblins to take panc checks. The fear and terror causers like coldones and hydras you should watch for also, esspecialy if they start coming around the flanks.

the universal thing to keep in mind though are assasins. they can quickly kill both characters and normal guys, but can also run about and proove deadly to any war machine crews for quick victory points.

there magic is nasty, especialy black horror but unless they go magic heavy you should spot the rite time to use scrolls and stop most of anything getting through.

+ Reply to Thread