2250 Gobo Army with Wyren tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Gobo Army with Wyren tourney

So I got tired of playing with Skarsnik and decided to mount the model on a wyren and fly him around the battlefield as an orc warboss. Army deploys troops in center with giant spider riders on flanks war machines behind. Warboss jumps out from behind a hill and charges neares weak unit.

Lords
    Orc Warboss on Wyren, Heavy Armor, Sword of Battle - 341

Heroes
    Night Goblin Shaman Level 2
    Nibbals Ring 105

Night Gonlin Shaman Level 2 Staff of Sneaky Stealing 135

Night Goblin Big Boss BSB Light armor Great Weapon - 61

Troops

34 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, 2 Fanatics 198

35 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, nets, 2 Fanatics 237

35 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, nets, 2 Fanatics 237

30 Night Goblins, musician 124

25 Night Goblin Archers - 75

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

Special

Goblin Wolf Chariot 60

Goblin Rock Lobber 70

Goblin Rock Lobber 70

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas 70

Rare

Giant 205

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Hmmm, the Orc and Goblin army list forum seems to be almost dead in terms of responses so im going to try and get things rolling and reply to alot.

Its an interesting list this one.
    Plenty of numbers, plenty of shooting, enough magic to be a nusense (spelling) and a wyvern.

I reckon the centre would struggle on night goblin leadership though, with the warboss off eating things.

I'd also drop a few goblins here and there to kit out the warboss a bit better.
    Maybe invest in biggeds kickin boots to boost the +1 to hit of sword of battle.

Couple of bits of illegal equipment:
    The orc warboss cant have heavy armour, only light.
    The Battle standard goblin cannot have a great weapon.

Overall i think this list couold do well against very combat oriented armies, who cause minimal panic checks, and will suffer heavliy from the fanatics.
    Against shooty magic armies, I can see only half the army making it across the board. Though if the wyvern gets stuck in early then the barrage could be limited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good. maybe you could swap one fanatic into the archer unit. Because i bet a lot of people with charge the bowmen to get the out of the way for easy points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the changes I did, taking out the illegal upgrades, giving the warboss kicking boots for an extra attack that will help and moving a fanatic to the archer unit.

Lords
    Orc Warboss on Wyren, Light Armor, Sword of Battle,Bigged's Kickin Boots - 368

Heroes
    Night Goblin Shaman Level 2
    Nibbals Ring 105

Night Gonlin Shaman Level 2 Staff of Sneaky Stealing 135

Night Goblin Big Boss BSB Light armor - 61

Troops

33 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, 2 Fanatics 194

34 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, nets, 1 Fanatic 208

34 Night Goblins, spears, banner musician, nets, 2 Fanatics 233

28 Night Goblins, musician 116

23 Night Goblin Archers 1 fanatic- 94

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

5 Spider Riders - 65

Special

Goblin Wolf Chariot 60

Goblin Rock Lobber 70

Goblin Rock Lobber 70

2 Goblin Spear Chukkas 70

Rare

Giant 205

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks pretty descent. Only thing I would be worried about is your spider riders will probably get shot at just enough to panic and run, so make sure they are farther away from your other core stuff. I ve never played with a wyvern before, so I dont know exactly how well they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I played in the tourney a week ago and I did pretty well, a win, loss, and draw.

First game aganist a Dwarf gun line, put most of the gobos in the center of the board, 3 spider riders on left flank and giant, spider rider unit, and wyren on right side opposite hill. Flanks worked perfectly mainly because he shooting was crude and also because I was able to get close with the giant to cause terror.

Only problem was having no true leadership in the center, if he hit and killed enough gobos the leadership tests would have been very low.

Second game aganist Orges, I set up mostly the same way which was a mistake. He had a huge orge mob that blew through the center gobos and went right on through to another unit behind. The wyren was off to the side killing yehtes which did not make back his points.

Third game aganist Dark Elves where I was really defeated. Leadership tests were horrendous no one wanting to charge the elves. Shooting and magic was bad with nothing dying from my ranged attacks. Once in combat they destroyed the gobos.

It was a pretty good tourney except for the last game of course. I learned that except if my enemy has a gunline it is better to keep my wyren more centeral as a counterattack unit and for its leadership then flanking around the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you thought about the spider riders so far?
    Units of 5 seem very small but it sounds as though they have done well for you. I have some painted up but haven't used them yet and am interested to know how you have found them - or anyone else who wants to chip in!
    Well done on beating the stunties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like units of 6 or 7 spiders myself, and I give them a musician and bows for the extra harrassment value. There is no need for a SB and little need for the Champ, unless you actually plan on charging something AND VPs do not matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they don't have SBs and they don't charge - then what do they do??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me spider riders do a few things, go after enemy war machines, contest corners and march block, they are not really there for actually fighting. In this regard they do pretty well for me.

What is not doing so well is the orc warboss on wyren, I put him on the flank in another game aganist Skaven and before he could do enough damage the center goblin horde was taking panic tests at their lower leadership. I am thinking about leaving the general in the middle but he will attract a lot of fire.

I am not sure if I will continue to use him in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast