2000 List (New Fantasy Player) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 List (New Fantasy Player)

Hey guys, thanks ahead of time for any advice ya can give me, ive playtested some of the squads but i dont quite have all of this list so im not quite sure how it would work. But i would love some input, so lets get cracken:

Lord
    Grimgor 375

Hero
    Orc Shammie 156
    level2, boar, itty ring, boss 'at

Night Gobbo Shammie 135
    level 2, staff o stealing

Black Orc Boss 164
    Heavy armor, BSB, Morks Spirit Totem

Core
    Boyz x 25 205
    2 choppa, FC

Night Gobbo x 35 202
    spears, 2 fanatics, musician, banner

Night Gobbo x 20 60
    Bows

Special
    Black Orc x 14 234
    shields. FC

Boar Boyz x 9 308
    Big uns, FC

Spear Chucker x2 70

Rare
    Doom Diver 80

Totals 1999

Any tips or changes would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I figured id give a little "stratgiums"

Grimgor goes in the Borcs to give a solid block to crush their elete troops (immune to psych)

The orc shammie goes in the boars for protection and some flank casting

NGbobo shammie goes in the goblin archers just to give him a wound buffer

Borc BSB is going in the goblin spear group to maintain the 3 rank bonus as long as they can, and to stop animosity in my group (I want careful hehe fanatic placement)

Spear chuckas shoot knights and lone casters, and the doom diver is hitting anything (perferably calvery) so i can ignore armor.

I believe i have 5-7 Dispel Dice? And one bonus with the staff (mathimaticly 2)

So if theres any glaring weakness (besides mabie my lack of bodies) Please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Night goblins are very unsafe to bodyguard a non goblin battle standard bearer. And with him around, you cannot use them as bait.

Go for a boar, and place him in with his ladz. Superior armor save and mobility is where it's at.

Downsize goblins to 25-30.

I would review my item selection to include 1-2 dispel scrolls.

Boar boy unit is too big, 6 is plenty, or even 5 with a character. Not sure if you want your shaman to end up in combat tho.

With the downsizing proposed, you could probably add a unit of wolfriders, very fast gits they are, very good for flank harrassment.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mabie i dont understand but how is my black orc not defended by 35 (though easily killed) guys, they mearly ment to be a stopping point to hold up units for flanking, and to deliver the fanatics, and i think the Borc delivers the leadership they need to not flee.

The other reason hes in there instead of the 6+save boys is because that way he retains the 3 DD from the Morks Spirit Totem for as long as can be

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

The best thing grimgor does is give the black orcs hatred of everyone. That's re-roll your misses (Combine with either Waaa banner, or noggs banner of butchery for extra speed/choppiness - he ain't fast. (But, it has to be said on his own can brutalise most units placed on a table.)
    I wouldn't do 14x B Orcs. It may be just me but they aren't going to win anything with rank bonuses (bar crosshairs from your opponents artillery.) Twelve is about right (eleven with grimgor - six wide, no 3rd rank for artillery to pick out)
    I'm also dubious about the Orc shaman's equipment.
    Level 2? yes on a night gobbo, no on a orc that's going into combat.
    Itty ring? he's not really equipped to do anything with that.
    Boss At' - If he's relying on needing the at (in melee) may i suggest arming him a bit better?
    If you drop all that'd be : 142 points.
    at 71 points each: 5x wolf riders with a musician and shortbows.
    (don't forget that you can march and shoot - 360 degrees whilst marching with fast cavalry, and reform as much as you want for free whilst moving. Slip between those enemy units onto their artillery, you have a 18" march / charge move (rear only, when you engage with someone else is highly reccomended. Or, just to have a threatening unit turn around, thus not face your animosity mob / mis charged mob.)

Or run about blocking marches and annoying the heck out of artillery.

do you play alot of people with high amounts of magic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea ive been playing lizardmen alot, so there tends to be quite a few spells thrown my way

+ Reply to Thread