Shooting and magic 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Shooting and magic 2250

Yo, here is my shooty/magic list...
    Wondered wether people thought it would work...

Characters:

Angry bob - Night goblin great shaman - 265
    - level 4
    - pipes of doom
    - amulet of protectyness
    - 2 magic mushrooms

Gorzahk - Black orc big boss - 152
    - boar
    - Warboss imbads iron gnashas
    - sword of battle
    - shield
    - heavy armour

Silent egrod - Orc shaman - 145
    - level 2
    - nibblas itty ring
    - dispel scroll

Floinkob - night goblin shaman - 130
    - level 2
    - dispel scroll
    - 2 magic mushrooms

Core:

20 Savage orc big uns - 290
    - additional choppas
    - full command

25 orcs - 205
    - additional choppas
    - full command

25 orcs - 205
    - additional choppas
    - full command

20 night goblins - 110
    - bows
    - 2 fanatics

20 night goblins - 110
    - bows
    - fanatics

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

5 wolf riders
    - spears

Special:

rock lobber

rock lobber

2 spear chukkas

2 spear chukkas

rare:

doom diver

doom diver

total: 2247

Fairly defensive list I know.
    But the infantry would still advance up the centre, covered by a hail of bolts, rocks, goblins and magic, to hopefully clean up whatevers left of the opposition...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a goblin gun line, it is easy to fall victim to a panic streak if anything flanks them. Especially fear/terror causers. Most likely the Rock Lobbas won't hit anything, and will misfire. Same with doom diver, but a little higher chance to hit. If you want to stack with the gunline I would throw in 2 more Chukkas in exchange for a lobba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good to me. I used to play a very similar army only with NG blocks rather than orcs and did pretty well.

And why the negativity about the rock lobber??

Guess well and put your faith in Gork and Mork and those big scarey things that might panic the line are squished. Panic problem resolved!

I'd consider larger but smaller orc units perhaps. If you are going to get into a long-range duel the flak could take them over the 25% casualties mark which is never good.

I also can't see the point in giving gobs bows. Rubbish bowmen + rubbish short bows = rubbish. Better to try and keep them alive with more of them or a shield and let the fanatics reek their havoc (how we love them!)

Unless you are going for one really hard Orc unit that fancies it's chances you might want to go completely overboard and trade in the boss for another shaman. This way your nasty long range Waaagh magic is certain to go through. Ah but the leadership ....

One last thing, if you are going to go for a defensive army like this then don't worry about advancing the orcs. Let them come to you and then rip into their thinned ranks. Not that you are getting the best out of orcs by defending.

Oh and another last thing I prefer wolves to Spiders when harrying the enemy (I assume the light stuff is there to slow down the enemy advance). The extra movement makes them a bit more of a pain for the enemy. But that's just personal preference - everyone else seems to love spiders so I'm even painting up my own to see what all the fuss is about!

May Gork, Mork and The Mighty Waaaaagh be with you!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spider Riders are a little bit better harassers because they can easily post cover in trees, come standard with spears, and still have the Fast Cav rule. The poison attacks on the spiders shouldn't be overlooked either. If a player ever gets careless with his frenzy units they could easily end up in a forest.

+ Reply to Thread