orc and goblin list 2000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orc and goblin list 2000pt

hey this my first time.

20 night goblins spears and shields full command (115)

20 night gobllins spears 80 + netters full command (135)

20 night goblins + arrows full command plus netters (135)

16 orc boyz + choppa+ big u'n + full command with mork spirit totem (276)

16 orc arrer boyz + full command (126)

10 Black orcs +shields+full command + noggs banner of butcher=201

Orc Boar chariot(80)

3 Stone Trolls (180)

characters

Grimgor IRONHIDE! (375)

Black Orc Big Boss + shield+ armor+ Mortogs Best basha+ Spiteful shield (131)

Goblin shaman level 2 + skull wand of kalath= (125)

Goblin shaman level 2 + lucky's dirk+ effigy of mork+ collar of Zorga (130)
    total 1900

if u have any pointers that would be great.

Last edited by stubbify; December 27th, 2008 at 18:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice would be to kill, one of the goblin units off and make two units of 30. Add at least one fanatic to each of those units. Do not take 3 trolls and make one of the gobbo shamans level one to get some points to beef up the black orc mob and the orc boyz, maybe reduce the arrer boyz down to twelve and ditch the command to save points. Once this is done you should still have some points to spare, look at getting the orc mobz to at least 20 and gobbos to 30. If points are left over think about the trolls again, or maybe a giant.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Nugnug; January 4th, 2009 at 03:44. Reason: I cannot type!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

As mentioned by Nugnug you should consider dropping one of your units of night goblins and boost the other two units up to 30... night goblin units at 20 really seem to struggle in battle and can panic quite easily. Also see if you can get a fanatic or two in the units as they are the things that really do damage in the game as night goblins are pretty useless otherwise and need to be fielded in large numbers to be effective.

I also see that you have taken Mork's Spirit totem... if you are doing this, it is best used on a unit that has a large rank bonus so 16 is rather lacking there. at best you will only get 2... you will want to try to get the full 3 from the start of the game.

With you Shaman set up I would set them up to be more defensive and give them some dispell scrolls and one with the staff of sneaky stealin, the skull wand of Kalath is best used on a savage orc sharman then a goblin sharman which will struggle to hit anything in combat hence taking out the goodness of the item...

With the Black orc big boss, I would consider dropping the "best basha" mainly because being a black orc and giving him a magical weapon it means that you will lose his "Armed to da Teef" special rule so you could save some pointed there and instead maybe make him a BSB

One of the things that you might want to look at is downgrading the orc big uns to normal orcs, this will also mean that you will have to drop Mork's spirit totem however if you have the goblin shamans set up right then it won't matter. Then push the orc unit up to 20 and you might be able to get another nice sized unit of orcs in there as well... This will help give you a more formittable core and backbone to your army to slug it out with your opponents.

The boar chariot is nice, I like boar chariots in armies as they are great for protecting flanks...

The Orc Arrer boyz are great I love them in any army! For so few points you are getting a choppa and bow armed archer who when the enemy gets too close can really hold their own in combat.

Stone Trolls are great and it is best to keep them within 12" of Grimgor as you will need his LD to make sure that they pass those stpidity tests.

The black orcs are nice especially when they have th "Banner of Butchery", and even more so when they are lead by grimgor himself. If you vcan pull them up to 14 strong (15 with Grimgor) as it would just give them a bit more hitting and staying power.

Hope these sort of ideas get you thinking and help.

Good Luck and Cheers
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tips guys. but should i get some calvary or just stick with ground. and what about artillery ? thanks for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can never go wrong with light cav like the wolf riders and spider riders in units of 5. Use them to March block and to block line of sight. Also the bolt throwers are always a good choice, two for one slot is nice. At this point level there will always be something good for them to fire at.

+ Reply to Thread