Friendly Tournament 750p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly Tournament 750p

So, a friend of mine is hosting a small, friendly warhammer tournament at our local chess club in february and as the fairly fresh OnG player I am I need some help with my list.

What I've thought up so far is:
    Blorc Big Boss with boar, heavy armour and shield.
    Nibblas itty ring and Martogs best basha. /146p

Level 2 Orc Shaman with waaagh paint /110p

2 units of 20 orcs. one with dual choppas and one with shields, both with full command /279

2 spear chuckas and 2 Pump wagons /150p

5 Wolf riders with spears /65p
    //750p

The thought is to have one character in each of the orc units, the two chuckas and the wolf riders on one flank and the two pump wagons on the other. the chuckas sniping at big units softening them up for the orcs. The riders will be used for eventual flank charges and to protect the warmachines.

Hopefully the Shaman will get of a few spells and when he gets into combat the waagh paint will boost the chances significantly, although I am mainly fielding him to get use of a sweet model I converted and to get some magic protection.

I am facing a very experienced dwarf player, a woodelf player, a High elf player and probably a vampire counts player. Comments and Criticism is very welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest dropping an orc from each unit as yopu will be adding you heroes to them, so no need to have 21 in the unit. With the points you save there and maybe on some equip alterations, you should think about picking up a dispell scroll as 3 of the 4 armies you are facing are fairly magic oriented. Not sure if the Basha on the BO is really worth it, a choppa is +1 str on the charge, so in the first round you have spent too many pts for +1WS and +1 Init. So maybe just trim that and take a choppa.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Nugnug; January 1st, 2009 at 16:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comment Nugnug and you make a valid point in taking a dispel scroll or two. I actually counted the orcs point values as one unit of eighteen(the boss is mounted on a boar) and one as nineteen. Sience the boss is mounted a choppa does not give +1S so i think the basha stays. I am thinking about trading the orc shaman for a goblin one. Mostly for its cheaper price but the problem is I dont have a unit to put the little fella in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you can put the little guy on a mount and fit him in a unit as well. just put him on a wolf or spider, but at that point you are back to the cost of the orc I think. As for the Orc, you can buy a spear for a few pts to get the +1 str on charge. Its not a horrible magic item, just a tad over cost.

+ Reply to Thread