2000pts of Orcs and Goblins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

2000pts of Orcs and Goblins

Right, I recently traded my Empire-army for an O&G-army of 1500pts and I'm starting to think of how I will expand it to 2000pts. This is what I have thought up, using my 1500-list as a base.
    Ze list:

Lord
    Black Orc Warboss
    - Martog's Best Basha
    - Heavy armour, enchanted shield
    - Umm's Best Boss 'At, Imbad's Iron Gnashas
    - Boar
    257pts

Heroes
    Black Orc Big Boss
    - Battle-standard bearer
    - Mork's Spirit totem
    - Heavy armour, boar
    180pts

Night Goblin Shaman
    - Level 2
    - Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
    135pts

Orc Shaman
    - Level 2
    - Dispel scroll
    - Boar
    141pts

Core
    Orc Boyz
    - Shields
    - Full command
    180pts

Orc Boyz
    - Shields
    - Full Command
    180pts

Night Goblins
    - Shortbows
    - Musician
    - 2 Fanatics
    120pts

Goblin Wolf riders
    - Musician
    66pts

Goblin Wolf riders
    - Musician
    66pts

Special
    Black Orcs
    - shields, Full command
    - Banner of Butchery
    231pts

2 x Spear Chukka
    35pts (x2, 70pts)

Savage Orc Boar Boyz
    - Spears, shields
    - Full Command
    188pts

Squig hoppers
    105pts

Rare
    Doom diver
    80pts

6 PD
    8 DD + 1 scroll
    1999pts

The Blorc bosses go in the main Boyz-units to prevent squabbling. The combination of the General + BSB close together makes for a solid base as well and the Night Gobbos and Blorcs can protect the flanks of the main force.

My special-units pack some serious punch. The Savage boar boyz have their insane number of S4 and 5 attacks while the Blorcs can deliver 19 S5 or 13 S4/6 attacks on one turn. Savage boar boyz are usually a target for all kinds of nastiness because of their potential and I hope that the Blorc-unit will create some dilemmas for my opponents on what to shoot and blast magic at.

Comments and/or thoughts?

Last edited by Da Mighty Camel; January 11th, 2009 at 16:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Looks like a pretty darn solid list to me. If I had to change one thing though, I would put the Blorc warboss on a boar. You might as well, seeing as you've already got him using a magic weapon and shield. Also, consider using Ulag's Akkrit Axe on him as well. Re-rolling attacks is handy, and can help with getting those killing blows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your plans for deployment. Where will you place both shaman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Where they are needed.
    Nah but I have not thought too much about it. In my experience they can usually survive pretty well on their own, especially when mounted. The Big Waaagh! have more support spells so the Orc Shaman will probably stay in the rear. Their primary roles is to provide dispelling and some magic so I won't be too aggressive with them I think.

@Wumpus: I really like Martog's Best Basha though. 4 WS 8 S6 attacks with a possibility of KB is awesome, even if Ulag's Akkrit Axe is nothing to scoff at either.
    I could drop a Squig Hopper and give my Warboss a boar. Sounds like a pretty good idea, I'll do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post

@Wumpus: I really like Martog's Best Basha though. 4 WS 8 S6 attacks with a possibility of KB is awesome, even if Ulag's Akkrit Axe is nothing to scoff at either.
    I could drop a Squig Hopper and give my Warboss a boar. Sounds like a pretty good idea, I'll do it.
    I personally like to run a BOWB with the following:

- screaming sword
    - collar of zorga
    - enchanted shield
    - iron gnashas
    - heavy armor
    - boar

With this set up you will always be looking at around 1 or 2 extra S and A (sometimes 3 or 4), with killing blow. Just stick him in a unit and keep him safe until he gets into CC. Having him on the boar with the collar of zorga is really nice too, especially when a dragon is sitting just inside your boars charge range. You can have him pop out of the unit and destroy any mount and rider (kill the rider first). Not to mention a 1+ armor save (the best armor a orc can get).I think this is a great way to spend exactly 100 pts. on magic items.
    Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

+ Reply to Thread