1000pts all rounder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts all rounder

I've played 4 matches now with 1000pts against wood-elfs, Dwarf's, VC & Ogres. The list has varied slightly between each match, in particular Dwarf's & VC. However I'd like to stick with the list below for a while. Your thoughts are appreciated.

BO Big Boss (joins Boyz) 130
    Boar
    Heavy Armour
    Ulag’s Akrit Axe

NG Shaman (joins a NG unit) 105
    Level 2
    Magic mushrooms x2

19 Orc Boyz 169

Full command[/I]
    Shield
    Choppa
    Morks’s Spirit-Totem

19 Orc Boyz 169
    Full command
    Shield
    Choppa
    Nogg’s Banner of Butchery

19 Night Goblins 111
    Musician

Bows
    2 fanatics

5 Goblin wolf rider’s 76
    Musician
    Spears
    Bows

Orc boar chariot 80

Night goblin squig hopper’s x6 90

Goblin spear chukka’s x2 70

Total- 1000pts

Thanks

Cmw

Last edited by sha1than; January 18th, 2009 at 22:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok, so im not exactly an OnG player, but i do have experience with the, so ill give my input

Id say avoid a Black Orc boss for now, just a normal boss would be fine, and iirc there is a rather nice 15pt magic weapon that gives 3 attribute boni. Maybe that alongside an Enchanted shield, its good to keep characters cheap, especially in a horde army.

On the above note, maybe have 2 Lv1 NG shamen instead of 1 Lv2?

The Orc Boys, id say avoid the magic banner for now possibly (although tbh i cant remember exactly what it does off the top of my head). Drop the shields, go with dual choppers. Orcs have little armour, may aswell do what theyre best at and be offensive!

Drop the Bows from the NGs, poor range and extra pts cost. Nets are a nice addition if you can afford them.

Turn the Wolves into Spiders, move through terrain is awesome. Bows are the only upgrade spiders need (no command etc, well, maybe music..) Then your speed comes from changing the Orc Chariot to a Wolf one! Its impact hits (the main point of a chariot) are just as good.

I know you say youd like to keep the list as it is, and thats fine My comments are just to generate some thoughts/ideas, and accepting them totally would involve a rather large overhaul, so take what you like and leave what you dont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah at 1000 points just take a regual boss light armor, shield, on a boar, take the +1 ws,S and I weapon and give him the 5+ ward save

The NG shaman is good for the points vale of the army

Get rid of the magice banners for teh orc boys useless this low point game and they shouldnt have them unless they are big uns anyway

The Night Gobbos are good but up the fanatics to 3

Change the Wolves to spiders

Drop the chariot wont do much for u this small of a game and its too many points right now

I like squig hoppers but make them 5 strong

2 Chuckas is good for this point game

+ Reply to Thread