2000 point Night Goblin themed army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

2000 point Night Goblin themed army

Decided to make a NG themed 2k point army with some giants as backup. This is my first list so I am sure there are mistakes but bare with me Any help much appreciated!

Skarsnik XX

NG Boss on Squig 124p
    light armour and shield and
    Wollopas one hit wunda and brimstone bauble

NG Shaman 135p
    Lvl 2
    Staff of Sneaky Stealing

NG Boss BSB - 59p
    Big Red Banner
    light armour and shield

30 NG (handweapons) + musicians + 2 fanatics - 144p
    35 NG (handweapons) + musicians + 2 fanatics - 159p
    35 NG (handweapons) + musicians + boss + 2 fanatics - 167p
    29 NG (handweapons) + Full Command + 3 fanatics + nets 217p (Skarsnik joins that group)

4x Goblin Spear Chukka - 140p
    8x Hoppers - 120p
    8x Hoppers - 120p

2x Giant - XX

= 2000p exactly

I understand that hoppers are very fragile but the whole point of playing NGs are that they are very random and fun

Are two Giants overkill? Maybe remove one, and get 2 pump wagons or something?
    Or remove 2 spear chukkas and get 1 rock lobber instead?

I may remove all fanatics from skarnik group and add them to the others as skarnik will probably be targeted first and people will think that there are 3 hiding there.

The NG boss on a squig is a fun random suicide character. Sometimes he'll fail miserable, othertimes it may work

Only big worry is that I only have 1 shaman and 0 dispel dice as the Staff takes 50p

Last thing, should the BSB be in a NG group or alone?

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; February 19th, 2009 at 02:06. Reason: Removed a couple of points costs

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

The list seems fun but a few correction...

you guessed it! 2 giants is a little overkill. If you want another fun suicide unit, drop a giant, take 2 snotling pump wagons and maybe give all NG units nets as they are frail creatures and -1 strength will let them tie up combat even more.

As for more magic defense, against heavy magic armies, dropping the suicide character and adding a lvl 1 shaman with 2 scrolls will do you a lot more good as the single character will be shot down or magiced quickly if your enemy senses a threat.

+ Reply to Thread