My epic quest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My epic quest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My epic quest

I currently play a balanced empire force that wins through static cr, the hellblaster and other shooting. I then set off on a quest to find an army that plays as differently as possible from my current army. I first look at a mounted chaos force but was informed that this is done to death. Next I looked at a monster dark elf list but it was a bit cost prohibitive. Then I thought about a mounted orc and goblin army but again the cost was staggering. Then I found a sub list for the O & C that is antiquated but as far as i know still playable and some what afforable.
    so here is my list. Let me know what you think.

2000 point ard boyz

Grimgor Iron hide 375 (deploys w/ immortals)

Borgut Facebeater 175 ( deploys with Big uns)

Black orc boss heavy armour shield (deploys with black orcs)

orc shaman dispel scroll

19 Immortalaz ( black orcs immune to psy) full command carrying the banner of butchery (+1 attack)

19 black orcs with full command

19 Face beater's boyz with full command 2 hand weapons and big uns upgrade(st and t4)

20 boyz as above

Effigy of gork ( generates a dispel dice for every blackorc boss within 24", give each banner one of 3 radom lv4 one use bound spell, Aniosity is auto passed if you can charge)

Giant

So it is an elite infantry army that hits like bricks and wins by punching you in the face.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually the list you are using is a storm of chaos list that is no longer legal sorry :/, but otherwise only problem I could see is serious mobility issue, and due to the fact that you have no shooting or fast moving units you will get shot to pieces and people will run circles around you :/.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what army might you sugest

how is it illeagal ? what list would you suggest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain that you do not have enough core units, though I may be wrong. And who is borgut facebeater? I don't recall him the the special characters list and if he isn't one, what is he (i.e. black orc bigboss, shaman, ect)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

not enoph core and it is a storm of chaos list the gork thing especaly brogut is a wight dwarf throw back not legal in tornys im guessing you dont have the newist ong book it tells you all the charicters you can use for torny play as far as bacic stuff in a 2000 pt list you may have 4 charicters total 1lord 3 heros or 4 heros must have at least 3 core units max of 4 specal and max of 2 rare lords can have up to 100pts of magic itams and heros 50pts magic items thats the bacic stuff if you need a list let me know what you want it to do and ill build u one k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think an army based around Grimgor can be effective, but you do need to add a few more core choices. For 2000 pts, I would have Grimgore and Immortalz (Unit of Black Orcs), BOrc Boss, BOrc Standard Bearer, and a Shaman (either Orc or Night Goblin), at least 2 units of Orcs, at least two units of NGs (with 1 or 2 fanatics each) as a flank guarding force, at least a pair of Spear Chukkas or a Lobba, and maybe some Spider Riders as a Fast Cav Flanking unit. Another idea is to screen Grimgore's unit with a line of snotling bases, no matter how small they are, they still block line-of-site to the orcs behind them...go figure .

+ Reply to Thread