First time greenskin list, 750pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

First time greenskin list, 750pts

Well, after playing my WoC's for a while, it's time for me to go green so to speak. Without further delay, my first draft for a list:

Black orc big boss
    shield
    heavy armour

total: 91pts

Night gobbo shaman, lvl 2, staff of sneaky stealing, 135pts

Night goblin shaman, lvl1, dispel scroll, 'itty ring, 70pts

Core:

20 orc boyz, musician, standard bearer, 115pts

30 night goblins
    nets
    1 fanatic

total 150pts

5x wolf riders
    spears
    musician
    total: 71 pts

special:
    2x goblin spear chukkas, 70pts

grand total of 702pts

Now, I can't help but feeling that I'm overspending on characters and not having enough boyz/gobbos. I do seem to be lacking some punch, but not sure what to dump to get it, perhaps one of the shammies and include either an orc chariot or perhaps a block of black orcs?
    It's a list for a campaign, so I can expect to meet pretty much every other army out there, though we are allowed to change the lists a bit from battle to battle.

Advice welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

A revised list:

Black orc big boss
    shield
    heavy armour

total: 91pts

Night gobbo shaman, lvl 2, 3x magic mushrooms, 'itty ring 135pts

Core:

20 orc boyz, musician, standard bearer, 115pts

30 night goblins
    nets
    2x fanatics

total 175pts

5x wolf riders
    spears
    musician
    total: 71 pts

special:
    2x goblin spear chukkas with bullies, 80pts

Orc Boar Chariot, 80pts

grand total of 747pts

Overall, I think I like this second list better. Is there any glaring errors in it? Anything I must include to make it work or?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd downgrade the boss to an ordinary Orc. This sacrifices the Armed to da teef rule but allows for a magic weapon if you so wish. He should still be just as efficient if not more so. This would also mean that you could stick him in the Boyz unit. I tried this in a recent game and gave my Big Boss two choppas and the Iron Gnasha's for killing blow which worked very nicely.

I don't think the Orc Bullies are necessary. This doesn't make a huge difference to the points but they won't really make that much difference in the unlikely situation of something getting close enough to fight your spear chukka crews.

Scrap the Wolf Rider musician and give them short bows instead. As much as Strength 4 charge is tempting, chances are they'll get slaughtered in close combat with only a 6+ save so stick to having them run around as some extra shooting.

Get rid of one of the magic mushrooms on your shaman and all of this should leave enough room for you to get a second fanatic. Honestly in my eyes there's not much fault to be found in this list, I'd quite happily use it with the minor adjustments that I've listed.

+ Reply to Thread