My Goblin 2300pt. List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

My Goblin 2300pt. List

All comments and corrections are welcome and wanted.

Lords
    Goblin Warboss
    Light armor
    Enchanted Shield
    Warboss Umm's Best 'at
    Martog's Best Basha
    Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas

Heroes
    Goblin Shaman
    Level 2
    Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

Goblin Big Boss
    BSB
    Light Armor
    Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner

Goblin Big Boss
    Gigantic Spider
    Light Armor
    Shield
    Backstabber's Blade
    Nibbla's 'itty Ring

Core
    Goblins x25
    Short Bows
    Shields
    Musician
    Boss

Goblins x25
    Short Bows
    Shields
    Musician
    Boss

Goblins x25
    Short Bows
    Shields
    Musician
    Boss

Goblins x25
    Short Bows
    Shields
    Musician
    Boss

Night Goblins x20
    Musician
    Fanatics x2

Night Goblins x20
    Musician
    Fanatics x3

Night Goblins x20
    Musician
    Fanatics x2

Forest Goblin Spider Riders x5
    Bows
    Musician
    Boss

Forest Goblin Spider Riders x5
    Bows
    Musician
    Boss

Special
    Night Goblin Squig Herd x5

Night Goblin Squig Herd x5

Goblin Spear Chukka x2

Goblin Spear Chukka x2

Rare
    Goblin Doom Driver Catapult

Stone Trolls x6

Last edited by Keetoowah; June 7th, 2009 at 03:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

It's a good looking list. I'd possibly add a couple of scrolls to the shaman, or some mushrooms so that you can add to your stolen power die and really get carried away.

I'd also reduce the numbers of the archer units to 20 and use those points to boost the numbers of spearmen. You want spear units to be about 30 goblins. I'd maybe spread the fanatics around too- occasionally putting 1 into bowmen units and have a delightful 3 in your generals unit to really pulp something. I'd probably chuck a few banners into the spearmen units too, plus probably a champion.

I'd probably also drop the trolls. I like trolls and they're good in a scuffle but the Stupidity thing is going to be a nightmare if they ever stray too far from your general and will be annoying even if they don't. It's a lot of points to have standing around farting and picking it's nose.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

*Note* I changed the lists point value from 2300 to 2500 but I dont know how to change the name.
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    It's a good looking list.

Thank You!

I'd possibly add a couple of scrolls to the shaman, or some mushrooms so that you can add to your stolen power die and really get carried away.

The Shaman is maxed out in magic items.

I'd also reduce the numbers of the archer units to 20 and use those points to boost the numbers of spearmen. You want spear units to be about 30 goblins.

None of these units have spears, except for the Spider Riders.

I'd maybe spread the fanatics around too- occasionally putting 1 into bowmen units and have a delightful 3 in your generals unit to really pulp something. I'd probably chuck a few banners into the spearmen units too, plus probably a champion.

The "bowmen" units are my swiss army units, they acn do almost anything. therefore, that are part of the main bulk for my army and my ranged shooters. Also, the units that have bows still have HW/S and are not NG.

I'd probably also drop the trolls. I like trolls and they're good in a scuffle but the Stupidity thing is going to be a nightmare if they ever stray too far from your general and will be annoying even if they don't. It's a lot of points to have standing around farting and picking it's nose.

I like the trolls though............. and the trolls like my general, they follow him everywhere, and I mean, EVERYWHERE.
    Lil' Waaaagh!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

The Shaman is maxed out in magic items.
    Fair enough, then.

None of these units have spears, except for the Spider Riders.

Sorry- for some reason I thought they were NG spearmen. The idea still applies, though. I understand your thinking about multiple use units but the joy of goblins is having so many units! If you have seperate bow and CC units then you can keep points down on individual models. You can more happily sacrifice the odd archer unit without losing lots of points too. A NG bowman unit of 20 models is just over 60pts with a musician. The points saved can go to reinforcing the CC units and keeping your rank bonus.

It's also worth remembering that the ranking for CC and archer units is usually different and taking advatage of one will be at the cost of another leading to inefficient points use.

I like the trolls though............. and the trolls like my general, they follow him everywhere, and I mean, EVERYWHERE.

Ok. But if he's Ld 8 then they might not get a lot of choice. Expect them to take unhelpful and hesitiant pauses about 2 turns per game.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't the goblin warboss like LD 7? Definatly drop the Trolls, they're way too unreliable in a list thats already unreliable. I'd suggest a Giant or another doom diver. From the points left over bump up the ranked units even more (35+ imo) and lower the bowmen to 20. I would also consider adding 1-2 more units of fast cav wolf riders. Just seem useful in a list thats going to be very dependant on how well you maneuver to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    isn't the goblin warboss like LD 7? Definatly drop the Trolls, they're way too unreliable in a list thats already unreliable. I'd suggest a Giant or another doom diver. From the points left over bump up the ranked units even more (35+ imo) and lower the bowmen to 20. I would also consider adding 1-2 more units of fast cav wolf riders. Just seem useful in a list thats going to be very dependant on how well you maneuver to win.
    Ld 8 actually

+ Reply to Thread