2000 PT Friendly-ish Mixed VS Bretonnia - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 PT Friendly-ish Mixed VS Bretonnia

So I've been coming up against my good friend who plays Bretonnia. He has trampled my poor goblins into the felt every time we played, and I'm ready for some outside help. We have been playing mostly at the 1000-1500 pt range, but we want to move up to bigger armies.

At 2000 points he likes to field the Green Knight, lots of knights, Grail knights, some bowmen and most annoying, Pegasus knights.

He is smart and fields a small unit of mounted yeomen to trigger my fanatics before charging in. I have had some success by varying the amount of fanatics and the unit in which they are placed, but I am routinely trounced the round after that, because he shoots them with his bowmen.

So, this is the list I have come up with-
    (Keep in mind that this is limited by the models I own, but proxies can be used is necessary, as we have a lot of other models from other armies)

Heroes
    Black Orc War Boss @ 234
    Armed to Da Teef
    Heavy Armor, Shield
    Boar Chariot

Night Goblin Shaman @ 120
    Level 2
    Hand weapon
    Nibbla’s ‘Itty Ring
    1 Magic Mushroom

Night Goblin Shaman @ 135
    Level 2
    Hand weapon
    Staff of Sneaky Stealin’

Goblin Big Boss @ 135
    - Wolf Chariot
    Brimstone Bauble
    Wollopa’s One hit Wunder

Core
    40 Night Goblins @ 255
    - Spears, Shields
    Full Command
    3 Fanatics

30 Night Goblins @ 215
    - Spears, Shields
    Full Command
    3 Fanatics

6 Forest Goblin Spider Riders @ 84
    - Spear, shield
    Musician

6 Forest Goblin Spider Riders @ 84
    - Spear, shield
    Musician

Special
    Squig Herd 7 hunting teams @ 210

Orc Boar Chariot @ ~~

Orc Boar Chariot @ ~~

2 Spear Chukkas @ ~~

Rare
    1 Giant @ ~~~

1 Troll @ ~~

That brings my total to 1947, so I have points to buy a magic weapon for the War Boss.

I don't want to get trounced again, so help!

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, Drop the lone troll, he'll never really make a difference. Add in a Doom Diver (d6 S5 hits no armor save is great against knights).

More bolt throwers are also great against Knights, especially when they're in that 3 model ranked formation.

if you want to be competitive magic wise I'd drop the black orc for a level 4 shaman (at 2000 points anyway), otherwise just take 1 NG shaman, with 2 scrolls, and change the other one to a Orc/Blorc BSB and give him the Totem of Mork (stick him in a big unit.)

Make your general better too with some items (Shagga's or the Reroll axe + some defensive item)

Lastly just because your'e fighting Brits I'd change the gobbo hero to use the Tricksy trinket cause everything in a Brit army will have a ward save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gobo Chariots!!!! They move 9 and charge 18! I would also change the spider riders for wolf riders for the same reason. You'll better handle the flankers with your more mobile flankers. I also feel like you're short one big block of Inf. but that's how I would play it.
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

+ Reply to Thread