Biadetics Night Goblins :D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biadetics Night Goblins :D

Ok complete edit of my list.
    Trying to write a list using what I have but this is for a tournament this weekend so any advice would be appreciated.
    I know Goblins arent exactly the best tournie army but i intend to bring the smackdown anyway

so here goes

Lord

Skarsnik

Heroes

Night Goblin Shaman
    Staff of Sneaky Stealing
    Level 2

Night Goblin Shaman
    2 x Dispel Scrolls

Night Goblin Shaman
    Dispel Scroll
    Magic Mushroom

Core

Night Goblins x30
    +Command
    +Nets
    +Spears

Night Goblins x30
    +Command
    +Nets
    +Spears

Night Goblins x30
    +Command
    +Nets
    +Spears

Night Goblins x30
    +Command
    +Nets
    +Spears

12 x Fanatics

Special

Squig Hoppers x 8

Spear Chukka's x 2

Rare

Giant

Doomdiver

Total: 2000 pts

So what do you think? Normally I run my shamans at levl 2 each, but i thought for the points i could just get 2 Spear Chukka's since my magic isnt usually that great, just utilising them for magic defense.
    C&C welcome asap =]]

Last edited by biadetic; June 24th, 2009 at 12:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump - Comp is in 4 days so would appreciate some advice =]]

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok, seeing as the gobbo players are being lazy, ill jump in as an outsider. Never played gobos myself, but ive faced them and know quite a bit about them, so here we go...

Gobbos find it hard to kill things, hence id recommend HW/S over spears. The extra save in combat combines brilliantly with Nets.

Also i see 12 Fanatics... usually i advise no more than 2 fanatics per gobbo unit, otherwise you could do more harm than good and end up wasting a lot of points.

Dropping 4 Fanatics will let you get the Lv2 Mages back, gobbo magic is fun, and can be surprisingly effective Run 2 scrolls, and them maybe splash a couple of Magic Mushies around.

Dual Spear Chuckers are always a good idea.

Any way to boost the Hoppers numbers and split them into 2 units?

And i know its not strictly NG (although with a little converting and small rules changes...) what do you think about grabbing a Gobbo chariot, or two?

Doom Divers are fun bits of kit to use, but rarely worth their cost and rarity i think. Another Giant would be amazing, but really pushing the points...lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I take O+G to a tourny I just ask myself "Can this list deal with a Bloodthirster?". Right now I'd say no, but then I run a min of 6 bolt throwers. if you don't want to radically alter the list I'd say definatly get all the mages to level 2, find a way to get the Itty Ring in there (Headbutt bound spell) and try to win with some magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly new to O&G but I have to agree with Phoenix: drop the spears. The night gobbos don't really kill anything anyway and a 4+ save in combat is better than a 5+. On top of that, you save points, allowing you to buy more goblins.

Bolt throwers just kill large targets, they're cheap, and are a two-for-one choice. What's not to love about them. Also, Goblin magic is great so bump your mages to level two and go magic offence. Drop one of the scrolls for a couple of Mushies, as these are great if you fall just short of casting a spell.

Anyways, hope I helped and have fun!

Good luck,
    Michael
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

+ Reply to Thread