2250pts Orc and Goblin Army tourny list/friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250pts Orc and Goblin Army tourny list/friendly

Hey all I have been trying to put together a big Orc and Goblin army but wanted to get somebody's take on it. Any advice would be helpful

Black Orc Warboss 275pts - Ulag's Akrit Axe, Enchanted Shield, Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At, Warboss Imbad,s Iron Gnashas, Boar, Heavy Armour

Orc Shaman 115pts - 2x dispel Scrolls

Orc Shaman 115pts - 2x dispel Scrolls

Orc Big Boss 120pts - Battle Standard Bearer, Amulet of Protectyness

Orc Boyz x30 210pts - Full Command, Shields

Orc Boyz x30 210pts - Full Command, Shields

Orc Boyz x30 370pts - Full Command, Shields, Big 'Uns, Mork's Spirit Totem

Orc Boar Boyz x5 148pts - Full Command

Orc Boar Boyz x5 148pts - Full Command

Goblin Spear Chuckas x2 70pts

Goblin Spear Chuckas x2 70pts

Trolls 180pts - Stone Trolls

Giant 205pts

I know most people are gonna wonder y so many Spear Chuckas, it because in small games my spear chuckas have a high kill rate. Anyways feel free to leave comments, suggestions, etc

Don't Stop Me Now

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Holy smokes thats one tough general!

4 dispel scrolls seems like a heck of a magicdefence, never tried so much myself.

with a giant and so many high strength attacks, maybe the trolls become a bit overkill?
    the general and his unit seem like a nice target for guns, have you thought about ditching the 3 trolls and instead take a doomdiver and an extra rank of boarboyz?
    that will definetly take the agro off of the general, gives you enough time to get those killers into combat.

id love to know how your orcs will do in battle! im all into goblins myself so this is quite different...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refer to http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ournament.html (2k army for tournament) for my thoughts on Trolls. I would remove them and put in another Giant. A second rank of Boar boys is a waste, its cheaper to make them Big Un's (which you should do anyway) or give them the Warbanner for the same +1 combat rez. Also one of them should be of the Savage Big Un varity. You can find the points by putting the BSB on a boar, and dropping off 5-7 guys from the Big Un foot unit. 25 ranked 5 by 5 should be enough to see you through the game with 3 dispel dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fool: Your thoughts on trolls were true for a goblin theme army. In his case, his general have an acceptable LD 9. Yes, he will miss a stupidity test once a game but they're actually quite a viable and cheap choice if they stay near the general. Though, I DO suggest to take around 2-4 trolls no upgrade, keep them cheap and they will do wonder for their pts.

I also suggest that you remove one of those boar units and maybe remove some boys in those huge unit. With those points saved, put a charriot or a 5-7 squig hopper and also 1 or 2 wolf light cavalry unit (5 with a musician are really useful for a warmachine/flanking/distraction job).

Other than that, not a bad list but I find there may be too much magic defense. You should also use night goblin shaman for a scroll caddy job. Hey, they're 15 pts cheaper!

+ Reply to Thread