2k night goblins for tournament. help plss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k night goblins for tournament. help plss

NG warboss
    (additional hand weapon, mortogs best basha, mad cap, warboss umms best boss at)
    PTS – 126

NG boss
    (spear, light armour, shield, squig, brimstone, mortogs best basha, collar of zorga)
    PTS – 131

NG boss
    (light armour, standard/re banner)
    PTS – 107

NG shaman
    (lv1, 2 dispell)
    PTS – 100

34 NGs
    (spear, full command, 2 fanatics, netters)
    PTS – 241

29 NGs
    (spear, full command, 2 fanatics, netters)
    PTS – 221

24 NGs
    (hand weapon, musician, banner, 2fanatics)
    PTS – 138

20 NGs
    (short bows, musician, fanatic)
    PTS – 93

20NGs
    (short bows, musician, fanatic)
    PTS – 93

2 snotlings bases
    PTS – 40

2 snotlings bases
    PTS – 40

2 snotlings bases
    PTS – 40

2 snotlings bases
    PTS – 40

Spear chukka
    PTS – 35

Spear chukka
    PTS – 35

4 teams squig herd
    PTS – 120

4 teams squig herd
    PTS – 120

4 teams squig herd
    PTS – 120

Pump wagon
    PTS – 40

Pump wagon
    PTS – 40

Pump wagon
    PTS – 40

Pump wagon
    PTS – 40

I will divide my army in 2, the herd teams and wagons will go forward trying to kill as much as possible. Since I don’t want my herds to be charged I will keep near them/front 2 unit of snotlings, once damage is done and broken they will go wild. The boss on squig will try to hunt enemy characters. The remaining units will stay in a defensive position waiting for the enemy advance, weakend by the squigs …. To protect both sides of my horde I will also place 2 units of snotling (1 each side). Sorry for my english, hope to listen from you. New ideas are more than welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this a good list or no? plss

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

you are using 2x Martogs best basha. may only use it once per army

The ng shaman is lvl 1 with 2 dispel scrolls?

About the army:
    It is hard to say...

you're using alot of snotlings for an unusual tactic.

Also, you are keeping your herds all in the centre, so they are near your other herds and snotlings. if one unit goes wild, the blow up in the middle of your friends. your snotlings wont last.

also, your army breaks into 2 when the pump wagons and herds go attack and the big units with artillery stay behind. This way you ignore the goblin their main strength! you outnumber the enemy no matter what!
    if you split into two chunks you will have the enemy face only half of your army and then the other half.

imagine 2 people fighting against 2 others. the first 2 are working together and the other 2, one is watching how the other gets pounded and afer that he comes in to fight.
    i think i know who will win.

it looks quite solid though, lots of hitters and lots of stabile units. good characters.
    i'm worried the tactic will blow up in your face, but maybe you should try it out first
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are 100% right, the thing that i've splitted the army in two is because when the squigs go wild they would hit my units. maybe i can replace the 3 squigs with 2 bigger ones, keeping them near the standard, or else introducing squid hoppers (replacing the herds) and adding more units of gobbos. 10x for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This army will autofail against anything that causes fear/terror like Demons, VC, TK, or even heavy terror builds from Lizards, or DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fool: When exactly were any Night Goblin armies reliable against Fear causers? I'm running Night Goblins in an escalation league starting in two days and eight out of the twenty-five armies are Vampires, Daemons, or Tomb Kings.

Anyway, I like the Snotlings; they're useful to delay units, and they don't cause Panic in any other units other than Snotlings. BUT, they are only a little bit cheaper than a unit of Gobbos and are less useful. If you're good with Snotlings, then by all means, go ahead.

Pump Wagons are great fun and Squig Herds make life hilarious. This looks like a good, fun list and hope you have a great time.
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that was my point Mikel2495. All NG lists really aren't viable without regular goblin/orc leadership. I don't think anyone would really fault you for taking a normal goblin warboss instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either that, or whack in Skarsnik for that LD8 figure. He might cost 200 points, but for 6 wounds, and 8 basis attacks, its worth it in my opinion.
    Orc Army 40k. Wins 5 -2 Losses. Loss vs Chaos Marines.
    Currently Collecting Dwarves WFB. Time to get my Beard on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snarsnik is great, but my gaming group doesn't allow special characters after seeing the might of Teclis...and Caradryan, who is vile in a challenge. Anyway, I have to say that my way of getting around the low Leadership is to take as many vanilla Night Goblin units as you can.
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10x for all the adivise given. i can say it did well in the tournament, panic was more than common but not devastating. i placed 5 out of 12.

+ Reply to Thread