Bloo Deff Tribe - 500 point Warband - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Bloo Deff Tribe - 500 point Warband

Howdy. Currently I am working on 40k Chaos, Imperial Guard, and a very, very largeVampire Counts force. However, there has been one project I've had in mind that I'll be working on probably startig next Summer. The idea is to creaate eight 500 point warbans, each with a different army, and each with a different archetype for its commander. Not only will this help diversify what I have, but will also allow me to play with most of my friends who know nothing of Warhammer on a much smaller scale.

My first warband idea was Shadow Warrior themed High Elves thoug my original list has no Shadow Warriors) The second list is based around my favorite Orcs and Goblins model of all time, the Giant Spider and rider.

Goblin Big Boss w/ light armor, shield, gigantic spider, wollopa's one hit wunda, best boss 'at

5 Spider Riders w/ bows

21 Night Goblins w/ 1 Fanatic

21 Night Goblins w/ 1 Fanatic

5 Night Goblins w/ bows
    XX

5 Night Goblins w/ bows
    XX

4 Squig Hoppers
    XX

Snotling Pump Wagon
    XX

Total: exaclty 500

Although I would have loved to have a giant and black orcs, neither really worked well with the list in playtesting. So, the pump wagon can take the place of the large, ravening beast I wanted for the list, and I could do without the Orcs.

If anyone has any thoughts, critiques, ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay for having over fifty models in 500pts. It looks very good; if anything, the Squig Hoppers could be dropped for more Goblins.
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Yeah, the trial runs between the High Elf and Goblin list has seen the Suig Hoppers do nothing. I just really like the models.

If I did drop them, that would give me enough points ot make a full squa of 20 goblins. I'll have to think on this one. THanks for the input!
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

units of 5 night goblins is illegal u need at least 20 in each

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Warband rules. Don't have a link handy but they're special rules for playing smaller games, and those said rules allow for units of five goblins.
    Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need at least 20 to take an upgrade though right? (like the shortbows).

Personally I'd replace the pump wagon with the doom diver.

Also why did the squig hoppers do nothing? Every game I've played so far they've been one of the hardest hitting units on the table. I could see a problem vs elves with that ASF junk but you might want to reconsider droping out the only unit in your army that doesn't take leadership tests.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

Good quetion about the shortbows... I'll have to check that.

If I can't do the uprage, maybe I'll use the extra points to replace the pump wagon as you suggested. The reason they've done nothing is that they get shot down pretty quickly, but I can see them doing better against other warbands I haven't tried yet. One game they took a charge from soem White Lions, however, this activeted a fanatic and the dcision was made to push it through both units, wiping nearly both out.

+ Reply to Thread