Orc & Gobbo 2k friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orc & Gobbo 2k friendly list

I have a few Orcs and Goblins sitting around and I want to put together a 2k list. I could use some advice on which units I should include in this list and which ones I should avoid. Also I could use a pointer or two on items for hero/lord. I am looking for a strong 2k friendly list. Does not need to be perfect, just at least slightly competitive. I have the Codex for these guys but am still not very familiar with them, being a TK player at heart. Would appreciate some insight since it would help me keep what I need and trade off what I don't.

So if you have a second here is a list of what I have:

1 Grimgor- Willing to use him as a reg Black Orc Hero or Lord since I have no Black Orcs.
    1 Orc Warboss on Boar
    1 Orc Shaman
    3 Night G. Warboss
    3 Night G. Shaman

20 Orcs with 2 choppas
    96 Night G. Spearmen-Having read this forum, Spearmen are not ideal but since they are what I have...will need to make due(part of the "not perfect" I mentioned I guess)
    60 Night G. Bowmen
    13 Fanatics
    50 Spider Riders

1 Orc Boar Chariot
    2 units of Squig Herders
    I would like to pick up some Spear chukkas, at least 2.

1 Giant
    1 Troll

The list that I have come up with on my own is:

1 Orc Warboss on Boar
    1 Orc Shaman lv 2 2 Dispel Scrolls
    1 Night G. Warboss
    1 Night G. Shaman lv 2 Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

20 Orcs with 2 choppas Big'Uns War Banner?
    30 Night G. Spearmen + 3 Fanatics 6 wide
    30 Night G. Spearmen + 3 Fanatics 6 wide
    30 Night G. Spearmen 6 wide
    20 Night G. Bowmen + 3 Fanatics
    5 Spider Riders Bows + Mus
    5 Spider Riders Bows + Mus

1 Orc Boar Chariot
    2 units of Squig Herders
    2 Spear chukkas

1 Giant
    1 Troll

This list is sitting at 1875ish and needs items for the Orc and Night G. Warboss.

Aside from those chukkas I would like to stick with what I have, meaning not having to purchase Black Orcs. Anyway, any pointers on the above list or a completely revamped list would be much appreciated. Have been toying with the idea of using all 50 spiders...now that might be fun. Spiders, General on Boar and the Chariot...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's a decent army except perhaps that the Orc Warboss doesn't really have any support and so could be picked off easily. Also, you want him in the centre of your army so they can benefit from his leadership. Also, if you upgrade him to a Black Orc Warboss, you get a choice of weapons and better weapon skill allowing more diversity with your magic items and the option for heavy armour.

For magic items, you could give him Martog's Best Basha, Bigged's Kickin' Boots and Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss 'At as this will give him extra strength, weapon skill and attacks and a decent save. Add maybe the enchanted shield and you can get a 4+ armour save. Not brilliant but combined with the ward save it will suffice.

For the Night Goblin Big Boss (unless this is for 3000 points you can't have two lords) just give him something simple like a great weapon and Amulet of Protectyness then he has the potential to gain a decent armour/ward save and he can inflict a bit of damage.

One troll on its own isn't really going to do much so perhaps swap it for a doom diver or a pump wagon. Also, one unit of Squig Herders would be plenty on its own so perhaps use the points for another unit of orcs or something similar.

Just a quick note referring to what you said at the top, to take Grimgor Ironhide, you must take a unit of Black Orcs, it is stated in his rules in the army book.

Let me know if this helps you

Best of luck
    Last edited by DunnoM; August 29th, 2009 at 23:05.

+ Reply to Thread