2250 all orc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250 all orc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

2250 all orc

Savage Orc Warboss
    Boar,shield,best basha,armor of gork,iron gnashis,collar

Orc shaman
    Lv2 scroll

Savage orc shaman
    Lv 2 Scroll

Savage orc shaman
    Lv 2 skull wand boar

20 Orc biguns
    standard musician morks spirit totem
    Choppa shield

20 savage biguns
    standard musician 2 choppas

19 orc boyz
    standard musician 2 choppas (orc shaman here)

19 savage boyz
    standard musician 2 choppas (savage shaman on foot here)

5 savage orc boar boy biguns
    standard musician spear shield (warboss here)

5 orc boar boyz
    standard musician (savage shaman on boar hear or on his own depends)

2 Boar chariots
    Xtra crew on both

3 trolls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim84 View Post
    Savage Orc Warboss
    Boar,shield,best basha,armor of gork,iron gnashis,collar

I'd swap the Iron Gnashas for Bigged's Kickin' Boots, though it depends on what you're up against. I can see the appeal if you're playing against Warriors of Chaos, but if you're up against poorly armoured troops, then Bigged's Kickin' Boots would be my choice.

Orc shaman
    Lv2 scroll

Cool.

Savage orc shaman
    Lv 2 Scroll

Cool. Why Savage Orc? Normal Orc would do the job and save points.

Savage orc shaman
    Lv 2 skull wand boar

As above, but wouldn't take the Skull Wand, seems very expensive for what it's going to do. I'm assuming you're wanting to go magic heavy, so with Nibbla's Itty ring and Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'at, you've got a bound spell that if you're unlucky enough to take a wound from, you'll have a 5+ Ward Save to fall back on. Maybe drop the boar coz personally I never want to put a Shaman into combat.

20 Orc biguns
    standard musician morks spirit totem
    Choppa shield

Expensive! Are you taking big 'uns to get the spirit totem into play? Coz with this you're churning out 7/8 dispel die with 2 scrolls. For the cost of big 'uns on all your units you could put another large block of Orc Boyz and beef up the numbers in the other units with you're 5 dispel die and 2 scrolls. Another large unit of Boyz can then be used to hold up another enemy unit while your chariots do their thing!

20 savage biguns
    standard musician 2 choppas

Very expensive! See above re: Big 'uns.

19 orc boyz
    standard musician 2 choppas (orc shaman here)

Like the unit, though depends on what you're playing as to whether I'd take 2 Choppas over Choppa & Shield. Could maybe do with a few more guys in there to keep your rank bonus a little longer.

19 savage boyz
    standard musician 2 choppas (savage shaman on foot here)

Like it! Would actually look to add a boss in here, 3 WS4 S4 attacks (S5 in first round of combat) for half the points of a Night Goblin Big Boss? Sold!

5 savage orc boar boy biguns
    standard musician spear shield (warboss here)

See above re: Big 'uns, especially seeing as you've got your Warboss here, there'll be more than enough fighting power with him, you might want more Boar Boyz if you're playing against shooting-heavy armies ("Look out, sir" and targetting Warboss within the unit). Also will you be likely to have this unit in the centre of your army to use his Leadership? Or will he be on the flank looking to use his boars speed? How close will you be able to keep the trolls> Coz they desperately need that Leadership!

5 orc boar boyz
    standard musician (savage shaman on boar hear or on his own depends)

Like it! Though if you want to keep the Savage Orc Shaman on his Boar, there's nothing to stop you hiding him in a big block of Boyz (taking up 2 models too!).

2 Boar chariots
    Xtra crew on both

Like it! Would probably drop the extra crew though (these points could be used to change the Savage Orc magic items setup above).

3 trolls

Like it! My first reaction with trolls would be to put them into a unit of 3, but don't forget 2 can negate ranks on a flank charge and they're more manouverable. Either setup works though.
    Overall, I like it, a tough army. I don't know who you tend to play against, but my concern is a lack of things that say 'no armour saves allowed.' That could just be because I tend to find myself playing against Warriors of Chaos a lot.

You've got 4 blocks of infantry units (none of which have Bosses, which I'd reconsider, I'd try and get bosses in all of them) with 2 units of Boar Boyz, 2 Chariots and the trolls, I'd be wanting one more block of Boyz and bolstering the numbers of the other infantry units (greater the numbers, the better) just to hold onto those rank bonuses a little longer. If you can use the trolls and the chariots to charge with a block each, the blocks will provide the rank bonuses while the chariots/trolls will cause the wounds.

Lastly, if you're wanting to go magic heavy, I'd definetely want Nibbla's Itty Ring in there and maybe you can swap your Warboss for a Great Shaman and one of your Shaman for a BSB on a boar with Mork's Spirit Totem? It gives a fighty character to a unit and saves points on having to get Big 'uns just for the Spirit Totem.

Few ideas for you anyway, but good luck with it!
    Last edited by thetopcat84; November 15th, 2009 at 04:50.

+ Reply to Thread