Warmasters Tourny Army Help Needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warmasters Tourny Army Help Needed

My friend and I are going to be heading down to Warmasters for a doubles tournament in March. We have been writing a list and wanted to hear other peoples opinions on it. It is a tier system tourney, so depending what tier it boost the points you can use. For more info click on te link Fantasy Challenge sponsored by Battlefoam | Home of the Largest Tournaments in Canada. I play chaos warriors and my friend plays Orcs and Goblins.

Lords
    Chaos Lord, steed, E. Shield, Collar of Khorne, Mark of Nurgle, Sword of Striking

Heroes
    Black Orc Big Boss, BSB, Heavy Armour, Nogg's Banner of Butchery

Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2, 2 dispel scrolls

Exalted Champion, Mark of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Flail, Shield, Disc of Tzeentch, Bloodcurling Roar

Core
    20 Night Goblins, Bows

25 Night Goblins, Full Command, Nets, 3 Fanatics

25 Orc Biguns, Shield, Morks Spirit Totem, Full Command

5 Marauder Horsemen, Mark of Slaneesh, Flails, Musician

Special
    5 Knights, Mark of Nurgle, Banner

3 Dragon Ogres, Great Weapons

Orc Boar Chariot

2 Spear Chukkas

Rare
    Giant

Chaos Total Points: 1100/1100
    Orcs And Goblins Total Points: 1199/1200
    All comments and criticism will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Billy

Last edited by Billy; February 15th, 2010 at 01:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really appreciate some advice. I don't believe my list is perfect so any advice or thoughts on the list would be awsome.
    Last edited by Billy; February 16th, 2010 at 21:41.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

allright. tough list because its combined with chaos warriors. il stick to the greenskin part mostly.

warning: i'm no expert at this, i have never played this mixed kind of list

- your 25 ng with 3 fanatics is a risky move.
    Both because if it flees at start, it will lose all 3 fans, and if you keep it near your general or regiments, chances are those fnaatics are going to hurt your own army.
    Almost everything you 2 deploy is expensive small unitsthat do not like a fanatic running through. this small unit now costs a whole bunch of points, while this unit is a lose/lose situation.

1: you use general's leadership and the fans will grind your own heavy men
    2. the unit is far away and gets shot to bits before it does anything

i suggest less fans or replace the unit.

- The shaman is level 2. why?
    i can see theres another wizard there. but in the end youhave about 6 magicdice? Even if the enemy has no antimagic, you will not get much off. This way your giving value to whatever antimagic they bring.
    The main problem i think is that you focus a bit on anti magic and a bit on magic heavy. i would suggest: Either focus more on magic power, or buy them only for the dispelling.

- The list seems random
    you could make a list that brings the best of both armies together, perhaps sit around the table and decide together what you should bring :p
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm looks like fun for the chaos side of things i would look to replace the orc chariot with a chaos chariot they are so much more dangerouse once in combat, remove the slannesh mark from the marauder cav they are best kept as cheap as possible also i would look to take out the orc big un unit and get some warriars in there to be honest if your going with a mix of these 2 armys then play to both there strengths for the orc side get artillary doom diver spear chukkas etc chuck in some squig hoppers or get a giant you might even consider khorne on your knights for the frenzied +1 attack and have some savage orc boar boyz to join them in making a mess on the table rraagh, for your core you want warriars and marauders no orcs no goblins remember chaos have some of the hardest core units in the game orcs and goblins really will just be a thorne in your side as soon as animosity is failed and those green skins are run off board its your chaos side of the army that will be left standing to fight on his own so core units chaos special and rare for the greenskins good luck oh and leeve the magic offence at home just tool them up as scroll cadeys go as cheap as poss 2 night gob shamans lvl1 either go for 2 scrolls on each or put the staff of sneaky steelin on one of them thats a hundred points each m8 its nothing and use the remainder of the points to really beef up your combat rrraaagh oh and warriars best in units of 12 marauders 25 to 30 and nurgle them up all the way good luck dude

+ Reply to Thread