1500 pt Gobo Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Gobo Horde

Hey all, first post here and I thought I'd post an army list. This is for a 2500 pt battle that my friend and I will be teaming up for. My friend will have roughly 1000 pts of Dwarfs with 2 units of Thunderers, 2 units of Warriors, an Organ gun, a Cannon, and a Thane. So here's my portion of the list (btw, I'm going off of two BfSP sets with like only two other boxes of guys):

Lords and Heroes:
    Grimgor Ironhide-375 pts
    Lvl 1 Night Goblin Shaman-50 pts
    Lvl 2 Night Goblin Shaman, Staff of Baduumm-125 pts

Core:
    20 Night Goblin Spearmen, Musician, Boss-92 pts
    20 Night Goblin Spearmen, Musician, Boss, Fanatic-117 pts
    20 Night Goblin Archers-60 pts

Rare:
    Goblin Doom Diver Cannon-80 pts
    2 Trolls-80 pts

Special:
    10 Black Orcs, FC, Shields-178 pts
    TOTAL: 1501

C&C welcome and appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Hi there Chaptermaster2!

Does your name mean you play space marines? How much experience do you have in Fantasy warhammer?

i have some thoughts that might help you 2 score better:

- love your list! you make good use of the whole BFSK set even the trolls can work out. (keep them near grimgor for his leadership)
    - If you disband one spearmen unit and instead add some extra spears to each other spear unit, they will have good numbers. 20 is not optimal because goblins die fast, and small units flee sooner.
    - Some of your units can really use a standard bearer. In combat, you will need both the rank bonus and the standard, because that is the only real way goblins score their combatpoints.
    - You have 2 level 1 shaman goblins. I would suggest upgrading at least 1 to level 2, because the spells in their spell list are so friggin high cast value. Perhaps just lose one shaman.....
    - since you use skull pass goblins, i would suggest at least one unit of spider riders. Theyre fast and if you move them forward at start of battle, you can really slow down the enemy with just a few spiders. Your ally is dwarven gunline, so he can really use the extra time this will give him, to shoot down extra badguys.
    - doom diver: excellent choice! together with those cannons you have a strong artillery. Best targets for doomdivers are cavalry and expensive infantry. The cannon can take on large targets and superbeasts
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response Digger! In response to your questions yes, I do play Space Marines (and also Tau and IG in 40k), but I am VERY new to Fantasy. I've only been in it for about two weeks now and haven't even played a full-scale game yet. Now, taking your suggestions into consideration, I've created a new list....

Core:
    26 Night Goblin Spearmen, FC, Fanatic-149 pts

Lords and Heroes:
    Grimgor Ironhide-375 pts
    Lvl 2 Night Goblin Shaman, Staff of Baduumm-125 pts

Special:
    10 Black Orcs, FC, Shields-178 pts

Rare:
    Doom Diver Cannon-80 pts
    2 Trolls-80 pts

TOTAL: 1505

So as you can see, I've taken away one unit of Goblins and added 6 to each other Spearmen unit as well a Standard Bearer to round out each units command. Other than that, I've decided to keep all the Shamans the way they are just because I'm completely in love with magic (it's one of the main reasons I started Fantasy!) and I think having 3 Shamans out on the field, even if 2 are only lvl 1, will be loads of fun.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread