<3000 2500 O&G Mixed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 O&G Mixed

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

2500 O&G Mixed

Trying to get a feel for what my "end" army could look like, so here's my first draft list.

Black Orc Warboss w/ Martog's Best Basha, Glittering Scales, Effigy of Mork, Shield

Basic fighty Lord, typically only hit on 6's to makeup for his bad save. Competent in a challenge but a better CR machine.

Black Orc Big Boss w/ Ulags Akk'rit Axe, HA and Shield

Fighty character, another CR machine.

Black Orc Big Boss w/ Mork's Spirit Totem, HA

Pretty much a must run if using Orc blocks.

3 Lvl 1 NG Shamans 1 w/ Nibbla's 'Itty Ring, 1 w/ Dispel Scroll and 1 w/ Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

Mostly for buffed magic defense but capable of getting a few spells off.

3x30 NG Archers w/ 2 Fanatics, Nets and Musician

There to Net stuff for my Orcs, anvil a unit in place and provide a painful target to charge via Fanatics and SnS.

3x30 Orc Boyz w/ Shields and FC

The main fighters who attrition everything down once it's been shot or hit with magic.

3x Spear Chuckkas

3x Rock Lobbas

2x Doom Diver

There to weaken down enemy blocks, take out elite units and snipe war machines. Weakening the enemy gives me Steadfast and let's me win the attrition war faster which I feel is where O&G excel.

I see this army as almost a gunline, waiting for the enemy to advance while they take a few turns of missile fire. Nets plus Orcs will beat most standard infantry over time, and all the shooting will wear down more elite units of 20 or lower very quickly. Magic defense is about the best I can get, war machine defense pretty much boils down to hope the Lobbas hit, sadly.

I can put the fighty characters in the Orc blocks to keep them moving if I have to advance on someone, otherwise the non-BSB ones can go with NGs to keep them shooting. Shamans will go in a unit if the enemy is shooting heavy, otherwise they'll probably stick to cover and avoid Animosity.

Thoughts?

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    war machine defense pretty much boils down to hope the Lobbas hit, sadly.
    Your spear chukkas have a reasonable chance of destroying war machines too, will likely take 1 or 2 hits, but it can be done, especially between 6 of them!

Surprised you've only got 1 lord character in there... especially with cheap gobbos and plentiful magic items to use...

3 level 1 shamen/shamans/shamii is one too many... leave out the one with Nibbla's Itty Ring and upgrade one or both remaining shamen/shamans/shamii to Level 2s for an extra spell or 2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

3 Chuckkas, hitting on 5's at best, wounding on 5's and needing a 5-6 on the d3 to wipe out all the crew, typically. That's.........very awful.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    3 Chuckkas, hitting on 5's at best, wounding on 5's and needing a 5-6 on the d3 to wipe out all the crew, typically. That's.........very awful.
    That's why I don't use chukka's, BS3 sucks and you never hit anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I think for the points they're cost effective but only against blocks. 3 Chuckkas will make their points back against elite infantry easily but it does require a bit of good dice and some correct placement with all the new terrain. Hard or soft cover will ruin any chance of hitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi just a quick sugestion on your black orc bsb firstly he has next to no save i personaly prefer to run my bsb with the armour of destiny it gives him his 5 + armour save anyway and a 4+ ward and you want this guy to stay alive as long as pos and give the spirit totem to the units standard bearer also i would consider making him an orc big boss instead of a black orc the reason for this is becouse hes running in a unit of orc boyz with the spirit totem wich works on ranks and the problem i have always found is that a failed animosity test sees him killing some of his own men reducing those ranks and depleting the totems real value a lot quicker than normal ovcorse its just a suggestion have fun

+ Reply to Thread