<2000 2.5k Orc and Goblin list: first list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5k Orc and Goblin list: first list

I will say to start out that I am a new warhammer player and this is my first list. So there may be a few mistakes in here, but with my millions of edits, I think I have something good here now. This is primarily for casual play, but future tournament play is not out of the question if I am having enough fun.

Grimgor Ironhide

30 Black Orcs with a musician, and a standard bearer, and Mork's Spirit-Totem. 458

Goblin Shaman lvl 1 with Staff of Sneaky Stealin'. 105

Goblin Big Boss with Light Armor, Shield, BSB, and The Spider Banner. 110

38 Night Goblins with short bows. 118

2 units of 30 Orc Boyz with shields, and a musician. 476 total

10 Goblin Wolf Riders with a musician. 126

2 Goblin Wolf Chariots with an extra goblin and wolf. 132 total

3 Snotling Pump Wagons. 120

2 units of 6 Trolls. 480

total: 2500

All criticism and help is much appreciated. Even if it is just with my ability to add =d. Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Zahmig; November 16th, 2010 at 17:01. Reason: I made a few changes based on input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright I finally have stopped reediting my op. This should be a pretty decent list and I got rid of any illegal/silly options. Some of the lists that were up there were really bad looking back at my work. There is a lot to take in for a first time player! Although I think it will definitely be worth it in the end. I look forward to joining the WAAAGH!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Hi there Zahmig, nice looking list you have there.

Barding is not for Greenskins. Only horses use it i think, anyway if someone can use it, it wll show clearly in their armylist entry.

Focussed entirely on moving forward, taking out the enemy without help of silly magix or doom divahs. Usually lists like that go for a lvl 4 Shaman to get the Waaagh!! spell. Not so with you. Risky, i like it

The black orc unit with grimgor is huge! dunno if thats over the top i've never tried it out Let us know how that works out.

- here's a flaw that might need fixing:
    3 units of 10 wolf riders isnt allways a bad thing, but if you deploy them right, then having 1 or 2 of these units, will be plenty to take care of anything that requires a vanguard move. In general an enemy only has 1 or 2 flanks and getting 3 units around it is just impossible/wastefull.
    I'd say delete a unit of wolf riders and replace it with 2 chariots. a good advantage of chariots in your list is that theyre not so wide. All your units are big blocks, even the Trolls, thats going to cause maneuvering issues and chariots can fit through gaps and alongside regiments for support charges.

Keep the trolls near the centre. Of all your units these will need the BSB and general the most
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Grimgor seemed too good to pass up for me. I admit that I may have gone over board on the Black Orcs, but I wanted to fully utilize Grimgor's skills and see how that works out. I do like that part of my list because I am really confident that it should handle most anything and then some. That was something I missed with any list that didn't include them. That being said, I don't want to be a one hit wonder, but I figured it would be fun to start at full strength to see how it goes =D.

I did want to include more magic, but I couldn't get it to fit in with the rest of my list. I was thinking that having a BSB would be more useful, and the spider banner on my ranged night goblins would help them be more effective. However, that would be an easy enough fix to the list to make at a later time if necessary.

Good point about the sizes of my units may require me to down size my wolf riders. I added so many because the one thing that could probably screw me is a well placed warmachine hit. However, I never thought about how much extra mobility a chariot may have to help out with that cause. I'll edit the op again in a few minutes to make the change. I may remove 2 units and add a few Snotling Pump Wagons too since I have some room under my rare cap as well.

Thanks for the help man!

+ Reply to Thread