<2000 new 2000 point army list, rip it apart - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new 2000 point army list, rip it apart

Hey. I have been playing orcs for many years now, but with the new rules that came out iwanted to try soemthing new. Im not too familiar with the new rules though, and i dont know what the new common magic items are. Let me know what you think of this. Criticism is appreciated, as well as what you think works well. And this is for a friendly game at the local gw (this list is not designed against a specific army, but i often do play against dwarves or orcs)

240 Black orc warlord - boar, heavy armor, enchanted shield, shagas sword
    150 Black orc big boss- BSB, amulet of protectyness, martogs best basha
    39 Night goblin big boss - light armor, shield, luckys dirk

180 40 goblins - full command (fc), hand weapon, light armor, shield (fielded as horde)
    240 40 night goblins - fc, spears, shields, nets, 3 fanatics (fielded as horde)
    355 25 orcs - fc, add hand weapon, big uns, morks spirit totem
    76 5 wolf riders - musician, spears, bows
    76 5 spider riders - musician, bows, spears

343 20 black orcs- fc, shields, banner of butchery
    70 2 spear chukkas
    70 rock lobba

80 doom diver
    80 doom diver

Total 1999

Last edited by Dwarfchewer; November 24th, 2010 at 06:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list, i like it. Although id prob chuck a mage in there with a dispel scroll for added defense, even though you got the spirit totem after 6 dead orcs(who hav 6+ armor only) your down too 2 dispel pool bonus. So i think unless you manage to take out their mages with your artillery you will have hard time defending. Id prob swap out the gobbo big boss and either the spider or wolf riders for a orc or night gobbo lvl2 sham with dispel scroll. Or get a lvl 1 night gobbo sham with sneaky staff in order to shut opponents magic down, for 105 points in total i think. You might get lucky and roll waaagh or bash em ladz. Your boss on a boar will also be a easy target for shooting unit. Id also drop the champion from the black orcs and big uns, as its not worth the extra attack, Invest in more big uns or black orcs. Probably even drop the goblin champions to buy more orcs. Thats some thoughts, on the whole good looking list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The warlord on the boar will most likely go with the unit of big uns. I have been debating the shaman, as i usually take two. The magic has changed a lot with 8th edition and the previous army book for orcs was more magic potent. I playeda few battles this edition and the shaman was quite useless from what i found. I might try to see how things go with this list and then switch it up with a shaman. The only reason i take the champion is in case of challenges from my opponent. I dont want to necessarilly risk the bsb in a fight on the first turn or two. Ill definitely try to see if i can fit a few more orcs into the units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, though the warlord wont get a look out sir coz he's on a boar i think, making ti easier for cannons n such to pick him out. Yer leave the bosses only for challenge protection. I dont usually have much luck with magic either, i tried running no mage and the totem and did pretty good at 1500 points against a lvl4 empire mage. Just try buff the orcs and you should be good.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I, too, would be a little worried about the magic defence, but for each his own tactics i guess. Spirit totem or sneaky staff are some very powerfull defenses. Against O&G and dwarfs, your army has little to fear in the magic phase.

- I fear the night goblins with spear cost more than posted. 290 pts.
    - Big boss with Lucky Dirk is funny, a Great weapon is cheaper and alot more funny!

let us know if you killed them stunties
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered switching the Black Orc unit to TWO small-ish units of 12 Savage Orcs with dual choppas ? (120 points each) ?

I agree with the other posters: you should consider dropping the boar for the general (unless you're playing a semi-mounted list).

Other than that, I like your list. Let us know how it went
    "Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reasoning for the boar is that it adds 2 to armor save. Combined with heavy armor and enchanted shield, i have an orc that has a 1+ armor save. I just ordered the rulebook, so once it comes in ill read up on look out sirs and the new common magic items. There will probably be changes to my characters after i see that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a skaven player which i had lost against very badly with a different list a while ago. He wanted to make it 2500 points so i added a unit of 10 orcs, a chariot, giant and 20 goblin archers. I scored800 victory points more than him, wiping out his main units. The additional 500 points did nothing, not inflicting a single wound. My giant lasted 2 turns against his hell pit abomination so at least that was held up.
    When i made this list i did not have the new rulebook and the enchanted shield was more expensive before, so for the free points i now added the 6+ regeneration amulet. His skaven lord o na bone breaker did not cause a single wound and died in one turn. Awesome lord against an enemy which dosnt use artillery.
    Oh and yes, the night goblins are more expensive so i had to take out the night goblin hero to compensate for that
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I allways hate going up against Ratfilh, theyres just so many of em! Nice going with the massive win there, don't ditch the units that didnt do much yet. With O&G sometimes the units have won the match by being nothing but a threat.

The Enchanted Shield is still as expensive as before, because the cost in the armybook counts (the one in the Big RuleBook is just there for Armybooks that do not have the Enchanted Shield in it)

What was the hero/ unit of the match?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy went with an elite army, i outnumbered him lol. he had a unit of 20 stormvermin, and two units of 40 clanrats. level 4 wizard, a lord, doomwheel and a hell pit abomination. the hell pit abomination was the best unit for him, while for me, the fanatics. they got in his way of charging his units, especially the doomwheel and his hell pit abomination. altough they didnt kill much, they casued havoc in his plan and formation.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

+ Reply to Thread