<2000 Da NEW Iron Gob Tribe - 2000pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Da NEW Iron Gob Tribe - 2000pts.

Azgob Face Beater -206pts
    Orc War boss, Armour of Destiny, Crown of Command, Great Weapon

Wuzzgit Gonad Stompa -105pts
    Orc BSB, Glittering Scales

Da Iron Gob ladz -198pts
    22 Big’uns, 2 Choppers

Da Bloody Spear Lads -520pts
    30 Orcs, Spears, Shields, Std, Musician -260pts
    30 Orcs, Spears, Shields, Std, Musician -260pts

Da Flash gits -170pts
    2 Orc Chariots

Da Rotguts -180pts
    4 River Trolls

Ug, Da Giant -200pts

Borks Runtz -90pts
    20 Goblins, Bows, Std, Musician

Wortgimps Runts -140pts
    10 Wolf Riders, Spears, Bows, Std, Musician

Da Big Wigg -190pts
    Level 3 Shaman, Dispel Scroll

Re-done my old list with the new Book. How does it look? I've managed to bump the Shaman to a Level 3, Make the Iron gob lads big'uns AND upgrade the Trolls from normal Trolls to River Trolls. All this while still keeping the same models and the same points. Not bad...

Last edited by Lord Borak; March 1st, 2011 at 20:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Nice looking list. Been thinking of playing with a couple of chariots myself.

BTW, not sure where you are from, but, the name of your Shaman would get some comments over here in the UK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Nice looking list. Been thinking of playing with a couple of chariots myself.

BTW, not sure where you are from, but, the name of your Shaman would get some comments over here in the UK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HA! Didn't even think about that. But I like it and it sounds Orcy!! Lol I could always change it to "Da Big Wig"

Chariots are awesome. I'm green stuffing mine from scratch. None of that GW rubbish!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´m from Germany and would like to know what "Wogg" means in the UK. Could you please tell me?

Borak, you´re really happy about the new choppa rule, aren´t you?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The term ‘wog’ originated from a Doll called the Gollywog (sp?). It was a Doll of a black dude basically and, unfortunately, people started to use the term ‘wog’ to describe black people, which in turn soon turned into a racist remark. The Doll was banned soon after due to this.

........and yes, the choppas rule er rules!! Those spear blocks will be kicking out 18 str 4 attacks in the first turn of combat if they're charged. That is not bad!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

When I buy my savage orcs I will consider spears as well. I tend to double choppaz because they look great, but spears would look good as well.
    Usually spears are reserved (right word?) for my gobbos because I think they feel much safer with a long pole, whereas my orcs... well just like to smash/hack things

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

See my goblins are even more cowardly. They prefer to keep the enemy at bows length!! No way would any sane gobbo actually want to get that close to real fighting!! Now when they were looing the right way anyway!

I see spears as a very 'basic' weapon. Every Orc and caveman can manage a spear while Swords/Choppas are quite advanced and require alot of Orcy know whats and alot of metal in he first place!!! Hence the above list, only the biggest, oldest and best ladz can afford to have a choppa (or two). While Da boss has Da biggest Choppa of them all, to mark his status!

Thats the way I see weapons in a tribe anyway. Da Boys get spears because thats a hunters weapon. The true Warriors (big'uns) get the real weapons of War.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; March 1st, 2011 at 20:38.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thatsa good looking list. I usually dont take pin cushions that die in the first round, aka giant, but if i converted a giant as good as you i would field him too lol. One thing i found with wolf riders, is that two units of 5 work very well for flank and artillery elimination. How do they do in a unit of 10? I havent taken them in such a unit in about 6 years lol.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The wolf riders a quite awesome. 2 units of 5 do make more tactical sense but hey hum. 10 Wolf Riders can pick on alot of things a unit of 5 couldn't. My last game they killed a Chaos War Shrine all by themselves. Which was just as well because the rest of my army fell over without doing anything (seriously, no VP other than that shrine).

Now I'm thinking about combining those Spear Orcs into a Horde. If I take a unit of 50 Spear Orcs and run them 10x5 how do you think that would work? The points saved would be 100pts. Which is enough for a Big Boss to join the unit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast