<3000 my orcs and goblin 8th edition army list 3k points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my orcs and goblin 8th edition army list 3k points

goblin great shaman 585 points
    level4,arachnarok spider,catchweb spidershrine,skull wand of kaloth
    (monster/creatures need to take a ld test if they fail they die instantly)

black orc warboss 265 points
    boar,armour of destiny,obsidian loadstone (giving him a 1+ ward save)

black orc big boss 165 points
    battle standard,standard of bloodlust (unit may reroll failed attacks)

47 orc boys 595 points
    big uns,extra choppa,full command,razor banner (gives the unit armour piercing)
    joined by the warboss and battle standard bearer

30 night goblins 175 points
    spears,shields,full command,netters

30 night goblins 175 points
    spears,shields,full command netters

20 night goblins 80 points
    bows,full command

20 night goblins 80 points
    bows,full command

10 forest goblin spider riders 160 points
    spears,shields,full command

goblin rock lobber 85 points

goblin doom diver 80 points

giant 205 points

thats basicly it..

i hate fanatics cuz they always hit my own units thats why i dont take em
    i also dont like spear chukkas cuz they rarely hit for me and if they hit they only wound 1-2
    also i take the giant so my opponent has to shoot it down as one of the first things
    it leaves my orc boy unit fresh to fight + the wizard on the arachnarok is something to look out for aswell
    i dont take an orc shaman cuz i do think that the little waagh magic is way better
    alot of players take big waagh to get the waagh spell of but i personally think that the hand of gork is better just cuz it can still help my big orc unit get acrossed the board but i still have a chance to flank with the spiders.. the orc shamans waagh spell isnt as good i find cuz you move 2d6 to nearest enemy unit but id rather not have my spiders run maybe 12 inches directly forward cuz that would ruin the whole point of this list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Hey Mustenjoypie,

i don't have my armybook on me at the moment, but it looks to me like you have some of the points off on some things. Like on the big unit of orcs, from the calculations I made, of which I can remember, i have an unaccounted 92 points on that unit. Same on the 30man N.G. units. I have an unaccounted 10 points. Then for some reason, the 20man N.G. seem 10 points under....Might just want to recheck all your math.

Also, I'm pretty sure 25% of 3000 is 750 so you have too many points in the Lord section(i count 850 ) so you may want to revisit that as well, unless I'm missing something.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

4. Thanksmustenjoypie thanked for this post.
    Likemustenjoypie liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah i was aware of the core units but if you calculate these points i wrote down its like 2960 total so those aint the problem
    but i didnt know about the lords i though it was 25-50% core 0-25%special 0-25%rare but i missed the thing about lords/heroes
    thanks man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by mustenjoypie View Post
    goblin great shaman 585 points
    level4,arachnarok spider,catchweb spidershrine,skull wand of kaloth
    (monster/creatures need to take a ld test if they fail they die instantly)

black orc warboss 265 points 279 points
    boar,armour of destiny,obsidian loadstone (giving him a 1+ ward save)

black orc big boss 165 points
    battle standard,standard of bloodlust (unit may reroll failed attacks)

47 orc boys 595 points 503 points
    big uns,extra choppa,full command,razor banner (gives the unit armour piercing)
    joined by the warboss and battle standard bearer

30 night goblins 175 points 165 points
    spears,shields,full command,netters

30 night goblins 175 points 165 points
    spears,shields,full command netters

20 night goblins 80 points 90 points
    bows,full command

20 night goblins 80 points 90 points
    bows,full command

giant 205 points 200 points

thats basicly it..

i hate fanatics cuz they always hit my own units thats why i dont take em
    i also dont like spear chukkas cuz they rarely hit for me and if they hit they only wound 1-2
    also i take the giant so my opponent has to shoot it down as one of the first things
    it leaves my orc boy unit fresh to fight + the wizard on the arachnarok is something to look out for aswell
    i dont take an orc shaman cuz i do think that the little waagh magic is way better
    alot of players take big waagh to get the waagh spell of but i personally think that the hand of gork is better just cuz it can still help my big orc unit get acrossed the board but i still have a chance to flank with the spiders.. the orc shamans waagh spell isnt as good i find cuz you move 2d6 to nearest enemy unit but id rather not have my spiders run maybe 12 inches directly forward cuz that would ruin the whole point of this list

Some of your points are a bit off (I've placed the correct points, from the new book, in red)
    It totals out to 2892 points.
    You have 864 points in Lords, this is 30% of your army, so over the limit by 5% :/

Where did you find the Bloodlust Banner? I can't seem to find it, looks like a great item if its possible to use.

As for your list, I have never had anyluck with Gobbo Archers or smaller units of NG's myself. I'd be inclined to drop the archers and increase the size of the main NG unit

7. Thanksmustenjoypie thanked for this post.
    Likemustenjoypie liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks man figured that i could change the warboss to a big boss instead ashamed that i calculated so many things wrong lol are you sure that archers arent a good idea tho cuz i always like to strike some down before i get into combat but i guess i could do 2 units of 60 goblins with spears but keep in mind that i play warhammer for fun still not be the best or something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I can't find that banner of bloodlust in the brb, can you give me an idea where you found it? Would love to put that in one of my own lists if its legal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ashen1973 View Post
    I can't find that banner of bloodlust in the brb, can you give me an idea where you found it? Would love to put that in one of my own lists if its legal.
    OP, thanks for the PM.
    I looked at the list you directed me to (posted at Bugmansbrewery.com).
    unfortunalty this list was created prior to the 8th edition rules release and many of the items listed where based on pure speculation and rumour.
    A lot of the items (including the banner of bloodlust) never actually existed in the BRB.
    I thought a 55 point banner that would allow the whole unit to re-roll failed hits was a little to good to be true!!
    Its well worth getting hold of a copy of a rulebook if at all possible, a lot of the internet resources people use can be very innacurate

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

this list looks good but i wld probably drop the night goblins with bows and i wld defiantly take fanatics
    also remember that night goblins can take 3 assassins now which is awsome

if u drop the night goblins with bows then i wld take either:
    goblin wolf chariots (u get 3 in a unit now and are only 50 points each)
    savage orc boys on boars (4 attacks each + impact hits and with a shaman with shrunken head they get a 5+ ward)
    trolls

also ur lord is on a boar but yet u have no cav unit other than ur spider riders
    if u put him in a infantry unit then he will just get picked off by cannons and arty
    ur spider riders can take a special character which gives them 5+ poisoned if ur interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only shamans that can have shrunken head is a savage one which kinda blows in my opinion this shaman is good enough for me remember that the arachnarok has 8 attacks strength 5

+ Reply to Thread