>3000 Orcs & Goblins non magic 2000 pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs & Goblins non magic 2000 pt

-General

Grimgor Ironhide 375pts

-Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss 136 pts
    Shield, Hvy Arm, Sword of Battle, Warboss Imbads Iron Gnashas

Savage Orc Big Boss on Boar - 145 pts
    Light Arm, Shield, Shagas Screamin Sword

Night Goblin Big Boss 84pts
    Light Arm, Shield, Badmoon on a Stick

-Core Units

Night Goblins 40 Models 215pts
    Command, 3 Fanatics

Savage Orc Boyz 19 Models 239pts
    Shields, Spears, Command,

Night Goblins 20 Models 60pts
    (Decoy unit)

-Special Units

Black Orcs (Bodyguard) 19 models 329pts
    shields, hvy arm, command nogg banner of butchery

Savage Orc Boar Boyz 13 models 362 pts
    command, 2 choppas, Gorks Waaagh Banner

Goblin Spear Chukka 2 Models 70pts

This army is set up to go against the dwarves and there is a special rule in this battle that states we can not use spell casters. If there is anything you think I need to modify, let me know! Thanks and if you like the army use it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

You are using the old armybook here, if you and your opponent are both happy then thats fine, but, it does mean your list is not actually 'game legal and makes it hard to judge your list, as there are a lot of changes in the new armybook.
    Under the new rules a lot of your points are wrong, most (actually all) of your magic items don't exist anymore :/
    I would think that disallowing wizards will be a much, much bigger hinderance to you than it will to the Dwarf player (as dwarves don't have any anyway)

A few general notes though, I would take additional hand-weapons instead of spears on your savage's and maybe up the amount of models in the unit.
    Units of 5 wolf riders will do a much better job at distraction than a unit of NG's.
    I would prefer a single Doom Diver rather than the 2 spear chukka's, especially against the heavily armoured Dwarves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ashen1973 - thanks for the tips. And you are right, we are actually playing 7th edition rules, we bought the bought just before 8th edition came out. So we are trying to use them out as much as we can before we get the new ones lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Against dwarf i usually go full NG spam.

If you have a horde with more goblins in it than the dwarf can shoot, you win.
    I usually go for 2 units of 50 NG formation depending on his army (against ranged units: column, against cannons: horde)
    This will give you so many bodies on the field, that he can't ever shoot them all.

Besides that 2,3 or even 4 units of 5 Spider/Wolf Riders can really disrupt his army. Camping just in front of his lines, making him shoot them, and not your important units, OR threathening his warmachines. You need multiple of these units as they will get killed quite easily.

Using 1-2 Doom Divah's/Rock Lobba's kan easily kill his warmachines while staying out of sight of his cannons. His Stone Throwers should be priority, though killing a cannon alsways has a great psychological effect on Dwarf players
    -oh wait, rock lobbers coudn't shoot indirectly in 7th right?-

Good luck, and Welcome to da Waagh!
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread