<2000 First O&G List 2000 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First O&G List 2000 Points

Hey guys this is my first army since 8th edition came out so please be patient with me, Im looking to make a fun/ competitive list with units I enjoy in the new orc book, so I will lay it out for you and would appreciate any tips and advice you might have

Black Orc Lord 245
    Crown of Command, Enchanted Sheild, Talisman of preservation

LVL 1 Night Goblin Shaman: Dispel Scroll 75pts

Goblin BSB Spider Banner 145

50 Night goblins Full Command 2 fanatics 230

50 Night goblins Full Command 2 fanatics 230

30 Night Goblins 1 Fanatic Bows 115

6 Spider riders w/ bows 84

6 Spider riders w/ bows 84

18 Black Orcs Razer Banner 299

Squig Herd 14 Squigs 4 gobbos 128

2 Goblin Chariots 150

Goblin Spear Chukka 35

Goblin Spear Chukka 35

9 Boar Boys spears sheilds 180

Mangler Squig 65

Mangler Squig 65

So tell me what you think and if you guys have any suggestions and critiques Id love to hear them, thank you in advance!

Last edited by Fabled 0utlaw; November 4th, 2011 at 20:49. Reason: changing list
    My Painting Blog http://foutlaw.blogspot.com/
    Updated 11/13/11 The Black Orcs are here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

You can only have 2 mangler squigs. You need bigger blocks of Goblins, try 2 x 50 rather than 3 x 30. I would also like to suggest that you specialize your lord and either make him super killy or a tank with super saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so I was thinking go BLork warboss with enchanted sheild, talisman of preservation, crown of command or Sword of Bloodshed, enchanted sheild, Potion of Strength??? not sure on the killy build any suggestions?? also changed list
    Last edited by Fabled 0utlaw; November 4th, 2011 at 20:50.
    My Painting Blog http://foutlaw.blogspot.com/
    Updated 11/13/11 The Black Orcs are here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Yes, sword of bloodshed + potion of strength is super killy! But, in a 2000 pts list you are spending an awful lot of points on a 3 wound model. This is of course just my personal opinion, but I think the list would be better with a regular Orc Warboss and even more Black Orcs; 18 models just aint that hard to kill. I'm also unsure about the crown of command unless you are planning on running your warboss solo, in which case I would recommend a boar for him. You don't want to stick your elite unit of black orcs in a fight they cant win. You must chose the matchups carefully. The crown of command works best to keep units stuck in in a grinding match. Black orcs aim to break or kill in the first round of combat.
    The razor banner is also a bit of an over-kill since most of the time your black orcs will be hacking away with their str 6 great weapons anyway and the spider banner is not really worth it on 50 Night Goblins with bows. If you were planning to put the Spider Banner with the black orcs, then again you dont really need it since wounding on str6 is not a problem. The spider banner is most often used in either all goblin lists where you are lacking high strength. It is also used almost exclusively along with the Gift of the Spider God spell to give your unit a 5+ auto wound. I see most guys running it on regular goblins with bows+handw+shields with a shaman somewhere near. These guys then have 5+/6+ saves in hand to hand and some nasty shooting.

The 9 boar boys is also a little weird... I'm guessing the second rank of four is just arrow fodder? With one more model you would get a rank bonus, but at the same time ranking up boar boys is some what of a waste. Running them 9 wide would be a cool way to go, but hard to maneuver and most of time you wouldnt get all the model in base contact. The thing is, if you rank up Boar Boys you must remember that only the riders get supporting attacks so you are actually "wasting" all the boar attacks in the second rank and boar attacks are just to good to waste! With wolves and spiders you dont really care since their attacks are weak anyway, but the tusker charge is very powerful. Also consider making them Big 'Uns.

Also, goblins chariots do not cost that many points, two of them would only cost you 100 pts.

If you drop the banners, the night goblins bowmen, 2-3 boar boys, and maybe even downgrade your Warboss, you would have a TON of points to play around with! You could make your shaman lvl 2 (itchy n. and sneaky stabbin can win fights for you), make the boar boys Big Uns, and gget more Black Orcs! As the heart of your army you really want to beef up that unit with more bodies: a hoard of 30 is very good cause you can dish out 30 str 6 attacks per turn of combat, 24 in ranks of 6 is also pretty good cause then you have 4 ranks although some attacks do get wasted...

With a big block of Black Orcs in the middle, two units of 50 night goblins (ranked 5x10 for sure!) on either side, chariots + boar boys + squigs crashing in from the flanks, and mangler squigs bottlenecking your opponents movement, this list could really work!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblin chariots are 75 ea
    Orc chariots are 85 ea
    (If memory serves correct with new book)

Also, I though for the purpose of squigs/herders it was 3 squigs per herder? I don't have the book on me to double check but if that is true then you would need to add another herder to your squig group (which with your leftover points you might able to sneak in another squig too for a total of 15 squigs and 5 herders)

Also, what unit is your BSB going in? Doesn't look like he has much for options unless he's gonna be chillen in a chariot (which may alter your points slightly).

I like the list though. Lots of diversity. I may have to borrow my friend's O&Gs and try something like this out myself
    Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

+ Reply to Thread