<2000 1,500 pts O&G list - first try, help needed to finish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500 pts O&G list - first try, help needed to finish

Hi guys, I'm trying to plan a 1,500 pts Greenskin list for an all-comers tournament with my friends.

So far I have the following:

1x Black Orc Warboss - War Boar, Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Talisman of Protection, Dragonhelm, The Other Trickster's Shard (143.5 skaven slaves)

I wanted a Black Orc Warboss leading for fluff purposes and this guy is designed to hopefully be a behemoth with T5, 1+ AS//4+ ward and gaining +1 S/A for every character in combat with his unit, his role will be to go straight for the enemy general.

1x Savage Orc Shaman - Level 2, Lucky Shrunken Head (77.5 skaven slaves)

This guy sits in the main Savage Orc unit (ie. the Big Uns) to give them all 5+ ward. If he can get some spells off and stop some spells in return then great.

25x Savage Orc Big 'Uns - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (155 skaven slaves)

24x Savage Orcs - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (125.5 skaven slaves)

These two units form the core of my battle line. The Shaman goes in the Big Uns unit and with a little luck they should be able to handle most things that an opposing 1,500 pts army can throw at them. Each unit will probably be deployed six-wide.

10x Orc Boar Boyz - Full Command, Spears, Shields, Banner of the Eternal Flame (122.5 skaven slaves)

The Warboss will lead this unit, hopefully turning them into a nice little hammer to hit the other side with. I realise that Boar Boyz aren't as optimised as some other units but I love the models and I'm mainly getting this Greenskin army for the modelling//fun factor so they're a guaranteed take from my perspective.

That currently totals 1,248 points which leaves me with 252 points left to spend. Any ideas/suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot for any help anyone can give!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im abit of a new coming/returner, but I would suggest a war machine and maybe some long range support from archers

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Interesting army there Paksos are you going to put up a painting log?

howcome the boarboyz aint no savages aswell?

I think your core is pretty straightforward solid, although i would say 25 each unit is a bit fragile still. So my sggestion would be to make one bigger unit (30+ biguns?) and support it with something else (netters maybe?), or try grow both units to 30.

One thing that bothers me is this:
    aside from the boars (with black orc) the other units suffer animosity AND are much slower in the first place.
    your army is a not so very fast and has the risk of splitting into 2 waves, meaning your enemy could potentially take out your units one at a time, you're prone to being outmaneuvered fast.
    i'd prefer some really fast March18" wolf riders to harass the enemy and stall to hopefully make your army hit the enemy on your terms.
    chariots can do that aswell but in a different way. wolf chariots do scary impacts and are very cheap and can go in units.

Lord Henry's artillery is also a good suggestion ofcourse

as soon as your army goes towards 2lk, i'd suggest a lvl4 shaman
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I do like the sound of some Doom Divers (I was going to try and convert them to have the gobbos being fired out of a cannon!) and I do share the concern that the army would be split up.

Digger, the Boar Boyz aren't savages as the theme for the army is Black Orcs. To that end, I converted the Boar Boyz unit to be ten Black Orcs riding the boars and the Savage Orc Big Uns are Black Orc/Savage Orc conversions. I also thought the normal Boar Boyz would be slightly more resilient due to the 3+ armour saves

So how about the following:

1x Black Orc Warboss - War Boar, Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Talisman of Protection, Dragonhelm, The Other Trickster's Shard (143.5 skaven slaves)

25x Savage Orc Big 'Uns - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (155 skaven slaves)

24x Orcs - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (101.5 skaven slaves)

10x Orc Boar Boyz - Full Command, Spears, Shields, Banner of the Eternal Flame (122.5 skaven slaves)

30x Night Goblins - Full Command, Netters (82.5 skaven slaves)

1x Doom Diver (40 skaven slaves)

5x Wolf Riders - Shortbows (27.5 skaven slaves)

That's 1,500 pts exactly. My concern there though is whether I am trying to do everything and therefore will achieve nothing. If I drop the Doom Diver I could get another five Wolf Riders w/ shortbows and another eight Night Goblins (or a single Fanatic) instead...

As to the painting log, I could certainly try and do one but progress is slow as I'm also trying to make these Orcs chaotic as though they've been fighting in the northern wastes for a little too long. Still, the first ten Savage Big Uns have come out well (I hope!) so I'll try and get some pictures up over the coming weeks when they're painted
    Last edited by Paksos; January 11th, 2012 at 10:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iam fairly new to O&G but it seems to me that your army general is slightly illegal
    1x Black Orc Warboss - War Boar, Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Talisman of Protection, Dragonhelm, The Other Trickster's Shard.

by my count hes got magic items for 70 points. and his allowed max points for magic items are 50.

I do like the list every much. id probably strenghtend up the Boyz and Savage Boyz to 30 a piece, not sure what to sacrifice though. also id probably try to squeeze in a fanatic. there just isnt anything better than a loonatic with a big ball on a chain :-)
    Last edited by MiniLiebst; January 22nd, 2012 at 00:25.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

a warboss can habe up to 100 in items so thats fine

It is hard to tell indeed wether the units are going to be too small or fine as they are. I havent had good results with boarboys in this edition (used em once, they disappeared after a chariot charged em) but in a tough unit like this they might do some good stuff. Would be nice to try these units out before the tournament and perhaps can juggle with the unit numbers somewhat. Everyone has their own style, some stuff may seem bad on paper but is exactly what you might need.

WHERES THEM PICTURES!!

ps. MiniLiebst welcome to forum
    are you into greenskin mostly?
    Eternal Newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks digger.

yea i read at the big boss :-)

tbh iam not into greenskins at all except for killing them, i play pointy ears (high elves) and skaven.
    i was just doing some research for my girl. who plays greenskins.
    we are atm playing with a few friends of ours. we come across deamons of chaos, warriors of chaos, another skaven player, dwarves and wood elves. and ofcourse my armies.

i was trying to get some inspiration for a 1500 point army to help her make her own. shes got trouble with creating a good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses, folks! Digger, photos are coming, I promise - I've just finished the first batch of 10 Orcs, alas unfortunately my job and the need to convert a lot of the models has left me making veeery slow progress!

I've also rehashed the army somewhat: the main reason for this is that I'm already a veteran with Vampires (the sledgehammer) and Wood Elves (the scalpel) and my reason for collecting Orcs was (1) for a new modelling project and (2) to play the maniacal flail!

To that end, the army has been amended to the following.....

1x Black Orc Warboss - War Boar, Shield, Talisman of Protection, Trickster's Helm (141 skaven slaves)

24x Savage Orc Big 'Uns - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (155 skaven slaves)

20x Orcs - Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons (87.5 skaven slaves)

1x Doom Diver (40 skaven slaves)

5x Wolf Riders (25 skaven slaves)

2x Mangler Squigs (65 skaven slaves)

1x Pump Wagon with full upgrades (35 skaven slaves)

The Warboss is designed to be the ultimate tank - all enemies rerolling successful wounds against T5, when they do get through he still has a 2+(or 3+)/4++ save and if he hits you back then you get hit with 4 Str6(or Str8 ) attacks in the first round.

The Shaman still goes with the Savage Orcs.

The Big 'Uns and normal Orcs form a little battle line together with the Boar Riders if need be while the Wolf Riders can run off to go war machine hunting.

The Doom Diver, Mangler Squigs and Pump Wagon all fall into my maniacal fun section that the enemy needs to deal with (hopefully taking ranged pressure off of my main Orc units).

I'll ideally be bringing this list to a tournament where I expect to be fighting 2-3 Warriors of Chaos, 1-2 Skaven, 1 Dark Elves, 1 High Elves, 1 Empire, 1 Tomb Kings and 1 Orc & Goblin armies...

Photos to follow in due course (I promise) ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so the tournament has changed and now the points limit stands at 1,750 pts each. I'l see if I can post the list in due course but in the meantime, some photos (eventually!) .....

The first one is the champion of my normal Orc unit; second is three guys from my normal Orc unit; third is an Orc Big Boss/War Boss; fourth is some guys from the Savage Orc Big Un unit; and fifth is a close up of one of the Savage Orc Big Uns. Hope you enjoy!

Picture 010.jpgPicture 012.jpgPicture 020.jpgPicture 022.jpgPicture 026.jpg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

Those are the scariest orcs i´ve ever seen and i have seen some scary voodoo sjit going around =x

Perhaps GrimGore fits in this nicely :p
    i think your list will do just fine for now
    Eternal Newbie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast