<2000 My first attempt at a Warhammer army (2000 pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first attempt at a Warhammer army (2000 pts)

So I played my first game of Warhammer ever today. My friend let me play with his Orcs & Goblin battalion to get a feel for the game. He never really got into O&G so the battalion was all he had, but it was enough to get me hooked on the game. I've been trying to read up on O&G today and have completed my attempt at an army list. I'm just looking for suggestions on what needs to be changed before I go ahead and start buying the units to fill out my first army. Any help/comments/criticism would be greatly appreciated

Lords:
    Savage Orc Warboss
    - Armour of Silvered Steel
    - Sword of Strife
    - Luckstone

Savage Orc Great Shaman
    - Level 4
    - Lucky Shrunken Head
    - Fencers Blade

Heroes:
    Night Goblin Big Boss
    - BSB
    - Bad Moon Banner

Night Goblin Shaman
    - Level 2
    - Dispell Scroll

Core:
    24 Night Goblins
    - Full Command
    - 3 Fanatics
    - Spears

24 Night Goblins
    - Full Command
    - 3 Fanatics
    - Short Bows

38 Savage Orcs
    - Full Command
    - Additional Hand Weapons
    - Shields
    - Big 'Uns

Special:
    1 Goblin Wolf Chariot
    - Extra Goblin
    - Extra Wolf

1 Goblin Wolf Chariot
    - Extra Goblin
    - Extra Wolf

1 Goblin Spear Chukka
    - Orc Bully

Rare:
    Mangler Squig

Mangler Squig

Doom Diver Catapult

Doom Diver Catapult

Total Army: 2000

Thanks for reading through my list Hope the list isn't too horrendous for a first try

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I've been playing a few games with exactly the same BSB and I say it's not very good. You probably put him with the Gobbos, they have Fanatics so they can't stay behind your line and should move fast forward. Your BSB is naked and gets killed by two attacks of any rank-and-file, or your Gobbos get run down at once and he's lost. Besides, the Gobbos are too few, I run them 49 and still it's not easy to stop something or stay in fight for more than two rounds.
    Apart from that - I feel extra crewgob(?) and wolf for the chariots is a waste. After all, it's the Impact Hits that do the damage, not the crew, and you don't get more of them.

Just some thoughts, I played whole 3 games of 8ed WFB and lost them all, so don't take me too seriously. Good luck with your army.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

heheh i guess the bad moon banner isnt all that great right now, i havent tried it to be honest.
    (@Miko de Adamyetz ) although a unit with fanatics woud love to release them, there's no rule against releasing them through your own units of goblins i do that all the time with a big smile on my face. Just keep your BSB and his unit in the back, it will be fine.)

Nasty list, your opponent will be having a hard time i bet. I think youve gone a bit overboard on the amount of magic items, they dont really add that much but cost a ton alltogether.

- the wolf chariots, an extra crewmember is fun, gives 4 bowshots and 4 spearattacks, but the extra wolf is 5 extra points for a s3 attack and what happens? : your chariot has now 3 wolves in front and is 1 inch wider. This means more enemies can strike the chariot. bad bad bad!

But the basics are very solid and scary i think you've made a good start. Welcome to Warhammer!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

@Digger : What do you mean? Release them at front and move them back through the unit? Or through your other units? With 40 savages that could be fun. I throw them from the back sometimes so they hit nothing and go off the pitch, but then, why buy them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i like to release fanatics through other goblin units in front of the fanatic unit. enemy likes it because goblins start dieing, and i love it because i can controll their movement more. It´s also a moment enemy doesnt expect it anymore, they are already in a charge figuring the charged unit has no fanatics.

when i make my lists however i do keep an eye on which other units i use. If there are many expensive troops, such as chariots and black orcs, then i cut back n fanatics, because i dont like the damage they can do on myself. whn i go fully goblins and swarms, then fans are only dangerous to my opponent and worth the buy.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread