<2000 First List- 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First List- 1500

Thinking about starting O&Gs as my second fantasy army, so I picked up the army book and wrote a list. I have no experience what so ever with them, so this list might be really bad. But anyway, the list

LORDS:
    Orc Warboss
    -War Boar
    -Dragonhelm
    -Shield
    =151

HEROES:
    Orc Big Boss
    -Battle Standard Bearer
    -Banner of Eternal Flame
    -Shield
    =91

Savage Orc Shaman
    -Level 2
    =105

CORE:
    38x Orc Boys
    -Shields
    -Orc Boss
    -Musician
    =291
    The BSB and Shaman go here

50x Night Goblins
    =150

SPECIAL:
    9x Orc Boar Boys
    -Shields
    -Full Command
    =192
    Warboss goes here

4x Trolls
    =140

RARE:
    Goblin Rock Lobber
    -Orc Bully
    =95

Goblin Rock Lobber
    -Orc Bully
    =95

Doom Diver Catapult
    =80

Doom Diver Catapult
    =80

=1450

Is 4 stone throwers a bit too much? I thought it was cool and I'm pretty sure it is legal. Any advice would be appreciated, I've also got 50 points to spends. Thanks

2. LikeDE Robski liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkracer View Post
    Thinking about starting O&Gs as my second fantasy army, so I picked up the army book and wrote a list. I have no experience what so ever with them, so this list might be really bad. But anyway, the list

Sounds Familiar. Orcs were my second army too.

LORDS:
    Orc Warboss
    -War Boar
    -Dragonhelm
    -Shield
    =151

Looks good. Nice n, cheap. Just make sure those Trolls don't stray out of his LD9 bubble.

HEROES:
    Orc Big Boss
    -Battle Standard Bearer
    -Banner of Eternal Flame
    -Shield
    =91

I'm not sure the banner of flame is really needed. Grab the dude some equipment to keep him alive and maybe a cheap magic weapon in case someone brings Ethereal nasties.

Savage Orc Shaman
    -Level 2
    =105

Putting this guy with the Boyz sentences him to a quick death. You want your boyz in combat and chucking this T4 2W no save character into combat will kill him quick. Most rank and file can bring him down so as long as you're not playing an army with lots of artillery leave him out the unit or buy him a wardsave. As for him being an Orc........ I found Spells of the big waaagh fairly disappointing to be honest. Goblin Magic is much cooler and there are far less 'bum' spells. So I'd swap this guy for a LVL2 N'Golbin shaman with the Ring of Ruin if you can squeeze it in.

CORE:
    38x Orc Boys
    -Shields
    -Orc Boss
    -Musician
    =291
    The BSB and Shaman go here

50x Night Goblins
    =150
    I'd see if you can squeeze in Nets or Fanatics. Nets can help this unit tar pit far more effectively.

SPECIAL:
    9x Orc Boar Boys
    -Shields
    -Full Command
    =192
    Warboss goes here

I'd buy these guys spears. Str4 on the charge is fairly mediocre. Str5 on the other hand kills things dead.

4x Trolls
    =140

RARE:
    Goblin Rock Lobber
    -Orc Bully
    =95

Goblin Rock Lobber
    -Orc Bully
    =95

Doom Diver Catapult
    =80

Doom Diver Catapult
    =80

Lots of Artillery can be fun. Not used any in the Orc book as I like beatin people in the face rather than this girly shootin stuff but, if you're a pansy, then go for it.

=1450

Is 4 stone throwers a bit too much? I thought it was cool and I'm pretty sure it is legal. Any advice would be appreciated, I've also got 50 points to spends. Thanks
    Some , magical attacks wouldn't go amiss. My last game against VC's really showed me Orcs have nothing to deal with Ethereal units. We don' even have many direct damage spells so I'd advise taking at least one magic weapon in your list.

5. LikeDE Robski liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm yes I thought a BSB could never take magic items, but I just realised that was only if he had a magic banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd trade the warboss for a lvl 4 wizard (its one of the pro's of the O&G army that lvl 4's are so damn cheap), even if possible a savage shaman with lucky shrunken head.
    Orc blocks are imho kinda suck when they are not big úns. 2 points per model for +1 WS and +1 strength is a very good deal.
    My personal favorite unit is a big unit of savage orc big úns with additional handweapon and a shaman with lucky shrunken head in it. 3 attacks strength 4(5) per orc and a 5+ ward save. the 2 cons are that they have no armour save and that they have frenzy.

Never tried the boar boyz, but thats because cavalry is not very usefull anymore in this edition of warhammer.
    the block of night goblins is fine and the trolls too.
    maybe add some mangler squigs. they kick ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this list that much its become my first warhammer list. I had one of my friends have a quick look over it and said its solid enough to start with he also said about getting a more powerful wizard or something bought the warboss and big boss today so will be making a start .. cant wait XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha ok glad I could help

+ Reply to Thread