<3000 2400 Savage Greenskins list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

2400 Savage Greenskins list

Hi all,

Since the current Greenies book came out, I've been dying to make a total savage army. My thinking is that Forest Goblins are basically the goblins of the Savage Orc tribes, for aesthetic purposes at any rate. From this, I could not simply have Savage Orc units, but take Spider Riders, Arachnaroks and even, with some conversion, foot-Forest Goblins being used as Night Goblins (No armour and nets seem to fit the Savage theme). However, this is a big investment, and I figured starting myself with a 2400 point list to get would be the best start, and then adding on units from there. I have finally written a list for this army, and was wondering if you think it will be any good.

Lords
    Savage Orc Warboss - Additional Hand Weapon, Armour of Silvered Steel, Crown of Command (was thinking of maybe Dawnstone instead?) - 233

Savage Orc Great Shaman - Level 4, War Boar, Dispel Scroll - 254

Heroes
    Savage Orc Big Boss - BSB, Great Weapon, Gambler's armour - 124

Savage Orc Shaman - Lucky Shrunken Head - 120

Night Goblin Shaman - Level 2 - 85

Core
    37 Savage Orc Big'uns - Additional Hand Weapons, Big Stabba, Full Command - 462
    20 Savage Orcs - Bows, Full Command - 215
    34 Night Goblins - Standard, Netters - 157
    12 Spider Riders - Standard, Musician - 150

Special
    13 Savage Orc Boar Boyz - Spears, Shields, Full Command, Standard of +1 Movement - 332
    1 Troll
    1 Troll

Rare
    Rock Lobber
    Rock Lobber

Total - 2398

So then, can I get some feedback? Good list or not? How else could I fit the theme? Character builds? Any and all are welcome. Thanks in advance =)
    NMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1961 (x8)

Hey dude! Welcome to the Greenies!! I'll try and give you some tips, although I wouldn't say I'm exactly a font of knowledge in terms of Orcy competitiveness.

Kommentz in Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Non Marine Player View Post

Lords
    Savage Orc Warboss - Additional Hand Weapon, Armour of Silvered Steel, Crown of Command (was thinking of maybe Dawnstone instead?) - 233
    You're probably better off with the Armour of Destiney or the Talisman of Preservation compared to the Armour of silvered steel. A lot of attacks will reduce a 2+ Save to pretty much nothing. Especially enemy characters so you're best off grabbing a ward save to protect you from high str hits and Killing blows.

Savage Orc Great Shaman - Level 4, War Boar, Dispel Scroll - 254
    Now, this guy will eventually end up in combat, especially so if he's in an expensive unit of Board boyz. So I'd give him a ward save to protect him a wee bit. With Fists of Gork though be can be a beast in combat and, if you give him the fencers blades as well he'll kill pretty much everything going!! I'd consider putting him on foot though with the Boyz.

Heroes
    Savage Orc Big Boss - BSB, Great Weapon, Gambler's armour - 124

Savage Orc Shaman - Lucky Shrunken Head - 120

Night Goblin Shaman - Level 2 - 85

Lots of Spell casters here. Not all of them are really needed as there wont be enough power dice to go around. I would probably ditch the Orc Shaman and give the Lucky head to the Great shaman and then put him with the ORc Boyz. Spare points can go to bulking the units out. The ruby ring on the Gobbo Shaman would be handy.

Core
    37 Savage Orc Big'uns - Additional Hand Weapons, Big Stabba, Full Command - 462
    20 Savage Orcs - Bows, Full Command - 215
    Frenzied Bow troops? No! lol. Swap them out for Goblins if you want (they're just as good and half the cost) or make the unit bigger and have another combat unit to help the Big'uns out. Using the points for a couple of Chariots would be fun or maybe a unit of 6 Trolls?

34 Night Goblins - Standard, Netters - 157
    12 Spider Riders - Standard, Musician - 150
    Split these into 2 units of 5 or 6 with a Musician. They don't need a standard.

Special
    13 Savage Orc Boar Boyz - Spears, Shields, Full Command, Standard of +1 Movement - 332
    1 Troll
    1 Troll
    Single trolls will rarely do anything. They need to be within 12" of the general to be of any use and that stops them running off to kill warmachines and actually being useful. Ditch them or make them into a bigger unit.

Rare
    Rock Lobber
    Rock Lobber

Total - 2398
    The list looks good. You have some speed in there, some combat oomph although you have a few too many characters. I'd reduce the amount of characters you have and make the ones left better at their job. If I were to advise anything it would be to sort out the Savage Orc bowmen and the trolls.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Cool, thanks for the feedback Borak =)

What I was going for with the Orc Bows was to try and give myself a mid sized shooty unit that could also do combat when necessary, but I do see what you mean, I'll try a unit of N'Gobbos instead and move the points elsewhere. Single Trolls were to be used to cock-block enemy movements rather than go hunting, as I can leave that for the Spider Riders, who I intended to use as another flanker once their job is done (hence the larger unit size). However, you don't know if you don't try, I'll give a list with the changes you suggested next time I play.

One thing I do want to ask you though, Borak, is how would you go about converting Savage Goblins? I could snaffle the Arachnarok crew off of someone who didn't want/need them, but that only gets me so far. I could also use dismounted Spider Riders, but they would mostly look the same, and I'm not down with that. I reckon I could convert some regular Gobbos with green stuff headdresses and feathers etc, and from what I've seen of your work you're a bit of a dab-hand with GS, so could you perhaps suggest a route for me to follow? Thanks =)
    NMP

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1961 (x8)

LOL, cheers for the compliment You could probably convert them out of 40k Grots. They are pretty much nekkid as it is so all they'd need is some weapon swaps. If you can get your hands on any of the old metal forest goblins or GorkaMorka snots you're set. Half my Goblins are the GorkaMorka snots and they're awesome little miniatures. Otherwise you're pretty much stuck with converting them out of the current plastic range and normal goblins are too armoured and you'd need to sort out the legs if you used Spider rider torso's.

You might be able to get away with using the trousered legs off the common goblins and using the Spider rider torso's but then you're getting expensive.