What next for a friendly 1000pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What next for a friendly 1000pt list

Orc Big Boss (71 )
    light armour
    Additonal hand weapon

Orc Big Boss (108 )
    boar
    Battle Standard
    Light Armour

16 Orc Boyz (112)
    additional hand weapon

16 Arrer Boyz (112)

1 Orc Boar Chariot (80)

I am on a budget so i was planning on gettiong a giant (cool model, pretty good in combat) I was also thinking about getting some orc boar boyz to put my BSB with, but they only come in blisters so a decent sized unit would be $$$$ expensive. Wolf riders come in box sets, but they wouldnt fit in with the army (they would be the only goblins in the army). I was also wondering what else to put into the army in order to fill it out. (even with a giant and wolf riders it would only be around 788pts. bare bones, no upgrades). This list is model/money dependent, so any comments would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

If your working on a budget I'd try to buy to WHFB starter set there you have 500pts extra and you can sell the extra stuff ( The Rule book and Empire Stuff) on Ebay or otherwise you have a new army and a spare book and about an extra 500 points in the form of

- 18 Boyz (Full cmd)
    - 16 Arrer Boyz
    - A Boar Charriot
    - and a Big Boss (Boar or foot, Your choice)

(Edit - I see youv'e already got the starter set but IMO it's the best way to go)

I found some cheap Black Orcs and Boar Boyz on Ebay ( But I got lucky IMO)
    Last edited by TJK; December 27th, 2005 at 22:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much what comes in the Warhammer box set for Orcs. I suggest you pick up a box of wolf riders, a shaman (orc or gobbo, doesn't matter which), and some more boyz. Round it off with some gobbos, and you're off to a good start. And apart from the shaman, all plastic, so fairly cheap for the amount you get.

And it doesn't really matter if the wolf riders are the only gobbo in the army. looks a little odd, but when you're starting out, only a git would argue it. And they can be dealt with through eye-stabbing.

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MadJackMcJack
    That's pretty much what comes in the Warhammer box set for Orcs. I suggest you pick up a box of wolf riders, a shaman (orc or gobbo, doesn't matter which), and some more boyz. Round it off with some gobbos, and you're off to a good start. And apart from the shaman, all plastic, so fairly cheap for the amount you get.

And it doesn't really matter if the wolf riders are the only gobbo in the army. looks a little odd, but when you're starting out, only a git would argue it. And they can be dealt with through eye-stabbing.
    Unless you go for an Ardboyz Army :lol: , no gobbos there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could get a giant but the enemy would shout it down before it gets to com bat witch would be good to get the enemy destracted when youre boyz get to the oponent

then get some wolf riders and 2 spear chukkas and another boar chariot that should bring the points to nearly 1k then get some items

p.s 2 spear chukkas count as 1 special unit choice

+ Reply to Thread