Welcome to Librarium Online!
2000 Orc and Goblin Army
Lord and General
- Black Orc Warboss - Heavy Armour; Shield; Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At (5++); Bigged's Kickin' Boots (+1A) 214
- Wyvern 200
- Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Shield; The Horn of Urgok (+1ld to all friendly units, -1ld to all enemy units, Power Level 5) 131
- Orc Boy Big 'Uns
- Savage Orc Big Boss - Additional Choppa; Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas (Killing Blow) 109
- Savage Orc Boyz
- Orc Shaman - Level 2; Dispel Scroll; Nibbla's 'Itty Ring ('Eadbutt, Power Level 3) 145
- Goblin Rock Lobber with Bully
- 25 Orc Boy Big 'Uns - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Mork's Spirit-Totem (+1 dispel dice per rank bonus) 315
- 29 Savage Orc Boyz - Musician; Standard Bearer; Savage Orc Boss 262
- 5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears; Musician 71
- 5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears 65
- 21 Night Goblins - 2 Fanatics 113
- Orc Boar Chariot 80
- Goblin Rock Lobber - Orc Bully 75
- Goblin Rock Lobber 70
- Goblin Spear Chukka 35
- Goblin Spear Chukka 35
- Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80
Army Total: 2000
I would say you have spent way too much on your characters and you don't have enough infantry units. Drop the Shaman and all your bound spells, they'll pretty much never get through and you already have some dispel from Mork's Banner. Then perhaps drop some more magic items and the wyvern if you will. Then buy more orcs!!! I would want at least another two units of 25 if I were you, perhaps drop some of the warmachines if you need to. If you do drop the generals wyvern you could put him with some boar boys.
First and foremost, thank you for a very simple lay out of your army up there. It is very clear and concise and visually easy to read.
1. Wyvern in 2K-i'm not big on this, i more prefer having the character on foot in a big block or orcs, and adding a giant then doing the all eggs in a basket thing. However, your wyvern gives you a more mobile terror, which is good. I've used it to great success with Azhag, who i always recommend as he has Heavy Armor and a ward to keep him alive and is only about 50 more points for what your using now i think.
2. No pump wagons? with a 2 for 1 choice now, they are excellent with foot slogging armies. For 40 pts you keep the shooting/magic away from your boys and if it hits always makes your points back.
3. Consider a Goblin hero on a wolf chariot-roughly around 100pts its a great speedy edition to an army. I use it regularly and send it flying down a flank instead of a wolf rider unit. Its more survivable then them, just doesn't have the unit strength to negate ranks.
4. Savage orc boss: excellent choice, why more people use them i don't know for the large amounts of attacks they pump out plus a ward. Sneaky trick is to put him in a unit of orc boys that you plan on moving forward quickly and charging as soon as their in range... nothing says you can't.
5. 2 Rock lobbas: that's scary. anyone that brings large blocks will fear your army. in addition if you play bret's and horses just start laughing when they give you first turn. you'll win the game by turn 3.
Overall: small compact army, that emphasizes orc war machines. Good as a defensive army, not wonderful as an offensive army. The lone chariot doesn't really fit well, i'd just take more spear chukkas with the lay out of your army, or another rock lobba or DOW cannon.
40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)
it is true the lone chariot is rather unreliable, but if you add in that goblin hero on a chariot it should be fine.
lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are