Librarium Online Forums banner

1800 Orcs and Goblins for Border Princes Campaign

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bleyden 
#1 ·
Hello I'm organising a Border Princes campaign. I have set the army size to 1800 so those with +200 or more bonuses get a Lord advantage. The rule is army lists must be generally the same, though obviously with an extra special/rare choice (for owning a certain territory) or character bonuses (extra 5pts on wargear for every win) they may change a little, or a lot if the army is 2000+ points.

1800 Orc and Goblin Army

Heroes
  • General: Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Shield; The Horn of Urgok 131
    • Orc Boyz
  • Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Boar; Battle Standard Bearer; Mork's Spirit-Totem 180
    • Orc Boyz
  • Orc Shaman - Level 2; Dispel Scroll; Nibbla's 'Itty Ring 145

Core
  • 21 Orc Boyz - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Orc Boss 156
  • 21 Orc Boyz - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Orc Boss 156
  • 21 Savage Orc Boyz - Shields; Musician; Standard Bearer; Savage Orc Boss 219
  • 5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears; Musician 71
  • 5 Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears; Musician 71
  • 5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - Musician 71
  • 5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - Musician 71
  • 33 Night Goblins - Nets; Musician; Standard Bearer; Night Goblin Boss; 3 Fanatics 229

Special
  • Orc Boar Chariot 80
  • Goblin Rock Lobber 70
  • Goblin Spear Chukka 35
  • Goblin Spear Chukka 35

Rare
  • Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80

Models: 139
Army Total: 1800

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a pretty good list. Lots of greenies, which is generally useful. I've frequently played against greenskins, so take my opinions with that in mind.

Against the dwarf player, your armored boys won't do much good (armor doesn't protect against any of his shooting). So I'm suprised you don't have at least 1 unit with 2 hand weapons. I'm REALLY suprised the savage orcs don't have 2 hand weapons.

I'd also be tempted to drop a fast cav unit, or combine the wolf riders and armor them up, so you have a ranked cavalry unit.

Finally, I question whether the BSB or the Shaman are worth an entire unit of orc boys. Depends on your playstyle, but I've seen extremely effective O&G armies with only a general.

Good luck
Koosh

#3 ·
I agree in the fact that your orcs dont have 2 hand weapons. Not one unit?

The Night Goblin unit seems very big, and I know its coz theyre gobbos and so die very easily, but maybe you could use them as a shield for you orc units. If they run away it wont affect the orcs (I think...) and they will provide valuable pin cushions to get your CC monster orcs into combat with shooty armies (dwarfs and wood elves).

Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.