2000 pt. night gobbo list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. night gobbo list

EDIT: Some point costs removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04

Haven't played Fantasy in over a year and am coming back with the night goblins.

Lords and Heroes:
    Night goblin great shaman w/ lvl 4 upgrade, and staff of baduumm = 225
    Night goblin shaman w/ lvl 2 upgrade, and dispel scroll = 110
    Night goblin shaman w/ lvl 2 upgrade, and dispel scroll = 110

Core:
    39x night goblins (Great shaman) w/ netters, full command, and 2 fanatics = 261
    39x night goblins (Shaman) w/ netters, full command, and 2 fanatics = 261
    39x night goblins (Shaman) w/ netters, full command, and 2 fanatics = 261
    20x night goblins w/ short bows, and 1 fanatic = 85
    20x night goblins w/ short bows, and 1 fanatic = 85
    6x goblin wolf riders w/ spears, and standard bearer = 90
    6x goblin wolf riders w/ spears, and standard bearer = 90

Special:
    1x goblin rock lobber =
    2x goblin spear chukka =
    Goblin wolf chariot w/ extra wolf, and extra goblin crew = 66
    Goblin wolf chariot w/ extra wolf, and extra goblin crew = 66

Rare:
    2x goblin doom diver catapults =

Total = 2010
    Model count = 187
    Power dice = 10
    dispel = 10 dice + 2 scrolls

"We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think You'll have problem with defenive armys like Empire or Dwarfs. Next problem is Ld. Your highest ld is 6. But I think it can be effective against Bretonnia, but IMO you should make 2x5 wolf riders whitout standards (it's very easy for opponent to get 100 VP), take off champions from night goblins, take off extra wolves from chariots and for this points get gobin big boss with sneaky skewerer, trinksy trinket, enchanted shield and light armour. He gives you better ld and is perfect counter-attack against heavy cavalry perticularly against Bretonnia. Think about it.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

The Dissenting Voice

I've played against this army a lot, and consistantly beat it now that I know it. If you are playing tournaments, go for it and have fun! However, I'd seriously advise against it for friendly play for the following reasons:

From a victory perspective: You have 3 tricks: magic, fanatics, and shooting. These can be neutralized by fielding expendable screens for the fanatics and shooting, and scroll bearers for the magic. Once your foes get smashed a few times, they'll take plenty of both, and you won't win any more games. So I'd diversify your units so you have more tactical options.

From a fun perspective: You roll dice. Your opponent removes models. If they have sacrifices and dispel scrolls, they win. Otherwise they lose. There isn't room for tactics, and so the actual playing time is really boring.

7th edition: I believe goblins are more expensive, fanatics are less effective, and chariots require more special choices. The fanatic/mage/war machine army is just worse than it used to be in 6th edition, IMO.

Sorry I'm so jaded against your concept, and it is only my personal opinion. Others may well feel differently.

-Koosh

+ Reply to Thread