2,000 Points vs. Mortal Tzeentch - help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Somewhere between here and there.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

2,000 Points vs. Mortal Tzeentch - help!

Ok, so I'm playing a 2,000 point game against Tzeentch next week. I'm fairly sure my opponent will be using:

Lord of Tzeentch on either a dragon or a disc, supported by at least one Hero.
    5 Chosen Knights of Tzeentch
    20 Warriors (possibly Chosen)
    20 - 25 Marauders
    5 - 10 Marauder Horsemen
    1 Spawn

Other stuff I've seen him use include screamers, warhounds, and horrors, so he may use those too.

Basically, I don't know how to approach it. It seems to me that there are two things I could do: max out on shamans, and try to out-magic him or just take a scroll caddy and otherwise don't bother with magic. Either way seems like a bad idea.

My army will include:

20 Orc Boyz, Big 'Uns, Full Command
    20 Orc Boyz, Full Command
    25 Night Goblins, Spears, Full Command
    25 Night Goblins, Spears, Full Command
    10 Spider Riders, Full Command

Orc Boar Chariot
    2 Spear Chukkas
    6 Orc Boar Boyz

3 Trolls

I'm basically not sure about characters. Any/all suggestions as to what to do would be appreciated. I'm also debating whether to take Savage Orc Boyz (I've got 15 of them). Thoughts?

Cheers guys.

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

2. Remove Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

Against Chaos, I'd always take atleast 4x Spear Chukkas, Doom Diver Catapult, and a lot of Fanatics.

Spear Chukkas are very cheap and being high strength with no armor saves, they can hurt chaos knights and warriors easily. They can even kill a dragon if you're lucky. Even if you only kill a model or two, if they're chosen, those points will add up.

Doom Diver is my baby. D6 S5 hits with no armor saves? Thats another good one against heavily armored troops. Since he can "fly" it makes it more reliable than a Rock Lobber. If you have the points, take both.

Fanatics are a Night Goblin's wet dream against chaos. You have 2x good size units of Night Goblins already, free up some points and throw in 2x Fanatics each. Let the Chaos player charge in and let them loose.

As for anti magic, I'd take a Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman with 2x Dispell Scrolls, a Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman with the Staff of Sneaky Stealin', and an Orc Big Boss BSB with Mork's Spirit Totem. That gives you 8x Dispell dice and 2x Dispell Scrolls.

Since it looks like he doesn't take too many magic users, you can try to out cast him. For characters in a 2000 point game, this is what I run....

Orc Great Shaman
    -Level 4
    -Amulet of Protectyness
    -WAAAGH! Paint

Night Goblin Shaman
    -Level 2
    -Nibbla’s ‘Itty Ring
    -2x Magic Mushrooms

Night Goblin Shaman
    -Level 2
    -2x Magic Mushrooms
    -Power Stone

Night Goblin Shaman
    -Level 2
    -2x Magic Mushrooms
    -Power Stone

Thats 10 base power dice with a possibility of 20. Its only 7 dispell dice though.

Your choice. Going defensive is cheaper, but going offensive is a lot more fun.
    Last edited by [Black] Katalyst; May 2nd, 2007 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread