2000pts Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Tourney List

Hey everyone! I've come up with this army list after boycotting an Orc Magic Army (too many miscasts ) and would like what you think of it and what you think I should change! This list will be used for Nemesis Crown Campaign and Casual Tournaments.

Lords & Heroes

Grimgor Ironhide
    682pts
    + 20 of Da Immortalz (Black Orc Bodyguard); Full Command

Black Orc Big Boss 139pts
    + Heavy Armor, Nibbla's Itty Ring, Guzzla's Backbone Brew, Enchanted Shield

Night Goblin Shaman 135pts
    Level 2, + 2x Dispell Scrolls

Core Units

25 Orc Boyz 205pts
    Additional Hand Weapon + Full Command

15 Savage Orc Boyz 180pts
    Additional Hand Weapon + Full Command

6 Spider Riders 90pts
    Spear, Shield + Short Bow + Musician

6 Spider Riders 90pts

6 Spider Riders 90pts

Special Units

7 Savage Orc Boar Boyz 213pts
    Spear, Shield + Full Command

7 Squig Hoppers 105pts

2x Spear Chukka 70pts

TOTAL 1999 pts!

Well last few comments before I leave it to you!

Grimgor and his bodyguards cost a little too much however Grimgor is a Greater Demon :yes: with movement 4" (....and his Immortalz become immune to Phsyc if he joins them that makes 3 Immune to Psych units in the army :w00t: so unless they are totally destroyed by shooting
    :realmad:they will meet the enemy lines to rain thunder upon them !

Spider Riders will be used as either screens or Wizard/Crew Hunters :ninja:!!

Thanks everyone I hope to see many comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Are you not worried about magic? As I can see it you only have 3 dispel dice and 2 scrolls, which means any army with a bit of offensive magic is going to do you some damage. Have you thought of possibly making the black orc big boss the battle standard bearer and give him the spirit totem? That should increase your number of dispel dice.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That banner is very good and I agree with you that it would be a very good option. However players here in Malta are not using magic heavy or anything near that at the moment. They are more focused on shooting (minority) or heavy hitting melee (majority). Maximum of spellcasters in an army are always 2 lvl2 or Warrior Priests (a lot of Empire players).

Today I used this list to play against a Dark Elf army which concentrated more on counter attack after thinning enemy units with three bolt throwers. I was a bit lucky because the only casualties I suffered by shooting were 3 Orcs, 2 Black Orcs and a single unit of Spider Riders (damn those Dark Riders ). In the end the Dark Elf Player enjoyed a minor victory because he managed to keep Grimgor distracted but I was pretty happy with the outcome I know what I did wrong and know that this list is very hard hitting since even when the DE Coldone Riders charged they found a tough big wall of brawn!

I need to test this list against more free moving army like Wood Elves and Lizardmen! What I'm sure of is that I don't stand a chance against Skaven tough I'm planning top test this on Saturday.

Thanks for the comment and I look forward for more
    1st Orc:- Why do you keep hitting yourself with that club!??!

2nd Orc:- Cause it feels so good.......when I stop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are those chukkas going to be enough fire power for you?.. what is your goal with the chukkas? you have a very hard hitting list but i think the chukkas are sorta just there to pepper up units that i assume you would be worried about.... maybe drop the chukkas and get that battle standard...or find 15points and get a unit of 20 night goblins with a fanatic to add to your hard hitting mayhem... fanatics will do a number on heavy calvery... then again i play an all gobbo list and i'm not used to having units that actually can take a charge... list definatly looks tough.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chukkas are there just to soften a bit the heavy enemy units , knights mainly or big monsters. I tried the Night gobbo + fanatic idea a few days ago and well its either I really don't know how to play with gobbo infantry or I was very unlucky since I didn't use them to their full potential. About fanatics I know they are good but they are also week, I mean ok they can absorb a lot of shooting but in the end they just die too quick!
    1st Orc:- Why do you keep hitting yourself with that club!??!

2nd Orc:- Cause it feels so good.......when I stop!

+ Reply to Thread