All Gobbo Horde? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Gobbo Horde?

Hi, im new to WHF (i played 40k Space marines for 5 years) and am considering starting an O&G army, with an all gobbo horde. My small, terminator-focused army of spacemarines (very heavy on points) was useful in many regards, but whenever i ran into a horde of dark eldar or tau, i'd lose. Thats why im planning a big horde of low-point guys, not to mention i love the phrases

20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen

20x Night Gobbo with bows

4x Night Fanatics
    3x Level 2 Shamens
    3x Trolls
    1x Rock Lobber
    1x Gobbo Doom Diver

Any suggestions? Would this work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

By the looks of it your just buying 3 BFSP sets yea? good idea lol, sell the dwaves and then you can afford the rest. Im not sure about the warmachines, they tend to be a bit inneffective. I think boltthrowers will serve you better, or use them aswell.
    Also with all those units, possibly put 1 fanatic in each unit.
    How many points is that by the way? possibly get a combat character in there for the extra ''Ld'' and ''hitting power'', though mass magic can be good, i dont really rate the goblin lore too highly.
    Apart from that, just expect to be fleeing a lot in games. Thats your weakness so it will be exploited. Dont get disheartened though, stick with it and play to your advantages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the looks of it your just buying 3 BFSP sets yea? good idea lol, sell the dwaves and then you can afford the rest. Im not sure about the warmachines, they tend to be a bit inneffective. I think boltthrowers will serve you better, or use them aswell.
    Also with all those units, possibly put 1 fanatic in each unit.
    How many points is that by the way? possibly get a combat character in there for the extra ''Ld'' and ''hitting power'', though mass magic can be good, i dont really rate the goblin lore too highly.
    Apart from that, just expect to be fleeing a lot in games. Thats your weakness so it will be exploited. Dont get disheartened though, stick with it and play to your advantages.
    Haha good guess, very close. I'm buying from the people who bought the set to keep the dwarves (there seem to be a huge number on ebay). Yeah, you're probably right, i'll swap for the boltthrowers.

To be honest, im not too sure how many points it is, but with shields and other fancy equipment, it cant be less than 1k points. Yeah, ive got some tactics molded around fleeing. With a high-points per unit opposition like Dwarves, i could set up in kinda a bowl formation, with 1 unit in the front. He attacks that unit, (it flees b/c LD is so bad) back into the rest of my ranks. The rest of my guys come in to flank, and the spider riders attack from behind. So i guess its kinda like a sacrifice-unit-bait-the-high-point-guys tactic...

But yeah, i expect to use a fair share of battles because of fleeing... sounds like alot of fun though =)
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; September 7th, 2007 at 18:03.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well you seem to have accepted that well, so you should enjoy your games as it sounds like your up for a laugh at the expense of your army lol.
    Also mostly you will be the one advancing and charging, most enemies, especially dwaves, will be sitting back on their guns and picking you off at range as much as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAha yeah, im sick of the serious tone i had to fight with with my space marines. I'd like nothing better than a good WAAGGHHH LOL...

Thanks so much =)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Yikes! You may find your deployment is a bit cramp with all those units. It will force you to spread you army out over the entire deployment zone which can be a bad thing >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make your units bigger please

if you're going goblin horde style, you're not relying on hit power but on the QUANTITY of troops. gobo units should always be 30+, if you want some to be still standing after they get charged :p Else you wont fight back 8X

+ with that many units you're manouvrablity = 0. If you get some bad animosity rolls then and your line falls apart they'll be plucking you in no time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of throwing any order out the window i would suggest adding a few more fanatics. Also i once played against a similar army and it did OK...until i brought a giant near it. terror is cruel to an army whose highest ld is 5
    greenskinz ftw
    w/l/d
    ∞/0/0
    In Soviet Russia, heretic burns you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I just started building my own O&G army, not entirely the same as yours but along the lines. I've played moet fantasygames with Dwarfs so im not that used to horde armies but my intention is not to win but to have a fun army to play with. Here's the line-up.

20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    20x Night Gobbo spearmen
    (plus fanatics oc)

20x Spider riders

20x Blackorcs

1x Orc hero / lord
    1x Goblin Hero / shaman
    1x Orc shaman

5x Trolls

2x Spearchuckas

What do you think? I have less goblins but some extra punch to take on the bigger ones. Think it'll work?
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you have some banners running around in there.

The Battle standard is a must. Look at the one that makes all goblins stubborn.
    "Big red banner" i think it's called.

Also, the only time I take a 20 unit of goblins is when they are archers or a throw away unit (ex. One list only contains 2 units og goblins. Their purpose is to release fanatics, screen, and MAYBE hold a table quarter). But of you are playing a goblin themed army, then you lose the "size matters" rule. One panic check will cause panic in any surrounding goblins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast