Deal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deal?

Hi all

I'm normally just a 40k player, but decided to get into fantasy. I have the opprotunity to purchase a lot of figures for a low price from a guy i know. Basically it's all the goblin stuff from the skull pass set x2, a giant, and the big goblin boss that has the huge squigg. (don't have the amry book or anything yet so not familiar with his name or stats) for about 60 bucks.

My question is (because unfortunately at the moment there isn't a lot of money in the coffers for minis) is this enough to put together a decent army for playing friendly games? Heck even for non friendly ones Just need to know if that's a god enough deal to ojump on.

In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 bucks in what country?
    “You know wot the chain o’ command is? It's the chain I go get and bash you wiv 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command round here.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're talking american dollars here, that's definitely a good deal. The giant alone is about 45, and Skarsnik is 25. the 2X goblins from skull pass are around 40 dollars on eBay. So, altogether, you're saving about 50 bucks. Not a bad deal at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, yeah, you can definitely put together a decent army with those guys. You're getting 4 units of 20 Ngobbos, 2 units of 20 archers, skarsnik (an awesome low point general in an army, but since he's a lord, you might not be able to use him until you get at least 2000 points worth), 2 shamans, 2 trolls, and 2 big bosses.
    If anything, you might wanna buy some fanatics to augment the list...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Very nice deal, if we have American dollars. Go for it, you're getting a good bargain.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. good old US Greenbacks.

Guess I'll go ahead and pick them up tonight. Was kinda wishy washy on it cause so many people are telling me that they are the worst/weakest army in the game.

However an ork/gobo player did win the last fantasy league they had at the store i play 40k at.
    In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weakest army in the game? I would be cautious of advice like that. O&G are one of the most customizable armies in the whole game. Don't like your regular old gobbos? Make em Night Goblins. Wanna add some low point artillery? throw a doom diver in. Don't like the regular orcs? Make em savage. Black orcs are some of the best fairly cheap units in the game. An army with a huge assortment of heroes and generals, along with the fact that you can fit in about 10 units or so in a 1000 point game, is hardly weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question:

Will I be able to run the skarsnik figure that i've got in less than 1k points? I don't think so looking at the army list, but I wanted to double check.

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he's considered a lord and thus only valid in 2000+ points. Definitely worth it at 2K though...you should be fine with the gobbo big boss in the meantime. I would make it a regular gobbo too, not a night goblin, only because the regular one gets +1 leadership at the cost of -initiative. If you outfit your big boss with a great weapon, he's gonna attack last anyway, making the init unimportant. Trust me, that +1 leadership saves your arse in a gobbo army.;Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the same leadership advice go for the shaman not being a Night Gobo?

- Vigo the Carpathian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast