Squig Hoppers: Dirty Tactics? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Squig Hoppers: Dirty Tactics?

So I just read another thread and heard mention of some underhanded/dirty tactics using hoppers. I am familar with many fo the tactics using fanatics but I am missing them on hoppers. If anyone would be hkind enought to fill me in I would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Absolutely no one knows any cunning ways to explit hoppers?

You must be kidding! =)
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's the thing

One cannot exploit squig hoppers. Like all units in the Orc and Goblin corps they are offensive juggernauts with poor defense. What imbues them with such terror inspiring power is their 3d6 skirmishing move rate - these little buggers tear through forests, can't be dissuaded from their purpose via arrow fire and hit with two attacks at strength five on what is potentially an 18" charge. *shudder* It gives me goosebumps just thinking about how sweet it is to plop down 8 of these cuties for just over 100 points and send them on their merry distracting + flank altering way.

The Orc and Goblin book is chock full o' balance. No unit is a "no brainer." There be no Dragon Princes here... an orc chariot can be added or two bolt chukkas can be substituted or the both can be left behind in favor of the dead hard black orc. The greenskins have equal potential for disaster and glory on every turn of the game. When your boys slaughter all that lies before them nod, shake hands and pack up your army... and when they fall flat on their face with animosity and poor leadership nod, shake hands and pack up your army... knowing that next game anything is possible. And in doing this you'll find oddly enough that you are never engaging in the latter.

In short: squig hoppers... take them.

for what its worth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis' true - squig hoppers are nasty little buggers. The ways to "exploit" them are not really exploits, rather using their unique abilities to your advantage - like the 3d6 movement, charge on touch, immune to psych, etc....I've kept at least 5 in my army ever since I bumped up to 1500 points, and I never regretted taking them. Sure, sometimes they get picked on by long range attacks - low defense and no save make them a shining target for arrow fire, but then I just laugh and think how my opponent just wasted an entire shooting phase to kill 85 points, while my main force has waaaghed themselves into CC.

Squigs are hip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

alright so nothing really new to me. That's sort of a relief becuase I thought there were thngs I had not thought of. I know with fanatics there are "dirty" tricks that can be used and some are ones that I had not thught of untill I read Avian's tactica on them. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing somthing on Hoppers too.

BTW to me a Savage character in a chariot is a no brainer but I know many people don't use it.8X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Where could I find such fanatic tactica?
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
    Where could I find such fanatic tactica?
    Avian - We Iz Orcs

It's just a wealth of knowledge. Seems to be going through some updates rght now but I recomend looking around.

+ Reply to Thread