Goblin racism! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goblin racism!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblin racism!

Everywhere I look I see people rushing to include Night Goblins in their armies. They're cheap, no extra cost to run 'em with short bows... and fanatics! Wonderful, wonderful fanatics! But everyone seems to always overlook the singular most common type of goblin in the Warhammer world.

The plain old goblin! These guys should be swarming every battlefield in the Old World in the thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands!

The only goblins (that aren't Night Goblins!) that I see are the wolf rider or spider rider variants. Does anyone out there run big blocks of goblins at all? Or is fanatic addiction too great?

-Nik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

The only problem is that regular goblins don't offer that much more compared to Night Gobbo's. They have, what, more leadership? Nine times out of ten they are running like their darker kin lol.

I have yet to actually see normal Goblins on the tabletop, and I doubt I will for a while. Sometime in the future I plan to revisit my all gobbo army though, been tinkering with the idea of a Conan like army of tribal Goblins, furs and scars abound.;Y

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I can think of a few reasons that the regular goblins aren't very popular.

- You get Night Goblns in Skull Pass, the Batallion and the Army Box, but you don't get common goblins in any of them
    - Night Goblins can have fanatics and nets
    -(I think) the Night Goblin models generally look better than the common goblins.

It would be nice to see more common goblins around, but I don't have any myself and I don't really plan to since I would have to buy two boxes just to make one decent sized unit, which is okay normally I suppose, but these are goblins and the whole unit would be worth little (in way of points and effectiveness) on the tabletop.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting a new night goblin army. And for me it was the cost that made me decide them. You get a lot of little one piece guys for a lot cheaper. Ex. People on ebay buy the bfsp and then you can get the minis for cheap. I would like to do a goblin army but the cost would be ;?. The theme side of my army doesn't allow certain things, but my wife likes the models and they are cheaper. I didn't choose them for the fanatics (sometimes overrated). They are also easier to paint. Black spray paint and some green (faces and arms instead of whole body) with red eyes.
    I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also just started a NG themed army. The cost was a big part in that, but I like the fluff. NG's appealed to me do to their background rather than their tabletop abilities. I like their cave and even more creepy back story. The fact that I picked up over 100 of them for about $40 including shipping through ebay from BFSP sets also helps.
    "Fiat justitia et pereat mundus"
    -Let justice be done, though the world perish.

NG Army (The Very Little WAAAGH) 6-1-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think goblins should have some advantage over NG (just like NGs have advantages over goblins) to give them appeal. Even if only because goblins are supposed to be the most common type of goblins around (yet all I see are NGs!).

-Nik
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Common Goblins and Night Goblins in my army mainly for a bit of veriaty in the army be also because i like the fact that i can have Goblins that generally have a 1/3 of a chance of serviving combat for slightly less of the cost of the NGs. Also i'm not a big fan of the new Night goblin Pastics although the metals are nice.

I find they tend to stick around for that bit longer as they suffer a few less casualties and have slightly less modifiyers because of it.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I can understand why so many people run Night Goblins over Normal Goblin with the Fanatics and the netters... For me the biggest appeal to them was that they live in caves and are sneaky hence I have 3000pts on just them... no Orcs on Goblins.

Although the more I have been looking at it Goblins are esentially getter then NG... NG have their fanatics and netters but they come at a price.

Goblins on the other hand come with light armour something that only NG charcters get... throw on a sheild and you have a 4+ save in CC better than a High Elf!!!! Not to mention the fact that you have the same S&T. Night Goblins rely on their fanactics and netters but at times they can backfire and Goblins are still a more solid choice overall...

Just my thoughts eventually when I get back in the mood of continuing work on my greenskin army its going to be another 3000pts of this time Goblins... who needs orcs anyway...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieth View Post
    Just my thoughts eventually when I get back in the mood of continuing work on my greenskin army its going to be another 3000pts of this time Goblins... who needs orcs anyway...lol
    That's what I like to hear!

-Nik
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny this should come up. I got a box of good old common goblins with the idea of doing a 'Brettonia' themed all goblin army. That is, running with the idea of goblins being cunning, robbing, bartering types so warboss sees Brettonian army kick a orc armys behind, so goes rob the battle field of all there armour, weapons, cloths etc to equip his tribe with.

So the army will just be blocks of goblins, wolfriders, chariots, rocklobber and i have had a cool idea for some doom divers!

Statler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast