O&G 750 for campaign/tournament HELP! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O&G 750 for campaign/tournament HELP!

I have a campaign/tournament coming up and need help making a competitive list with my O&G army, the game starts at 750 points and scales up by 250 points per week. I'll list the models I own here and hopefully get some help from the community for my list as it's my first competitive tournament list. Here's what I own:

25 Orc Boyz w/ hand weapon & shields, full command.

80 Night Goblins w/ spears & shields, full commands.

40 Night Goblins w/ Bows, full commands.

10 Spider Riders, full commands.

20 Black Orcs, 2 Commands (Can be fielded two units of 10 w/ full command or one unit of 15 w/ full command).

Giant.

Goblin Big Boss/Warboss.

Night Goblin Big Boss/Warboss.

Night Goblin BSB.

2 Night Goblin Shamans/ Great Shamans.

2 Black Orc Big Bosses/Warbosses.

2 Orc Big Bosses/Warbosses.

Boar Chariot (for characters or stand alone.)

6 Night Goblin Fanatics.

Please help me make a competitive list with what I have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Here dead lie we because we did not choose to live and shame the land from which we sprung. Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose; but young men think it is, and we were young."
    A. E. Housman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to explain

tourney army i like to use.

This revolves around a tactic rather than specific models, but i think u can do it with the models you have.

I like to think of the board in 3 sec. L-M-R. You basically attack one side hard and defend the other. Let me explain with an example of a list you might use. Keep in mind no lords early on.

Put beefest orc hero in chariot and give screaming sword and mork talisman (the -1 to hit one). Take giant. Take spider riders (spear and bow) with battle standard bearer and spider banner. Put him on giant spider if you want. (amazing poison unit that is stronger than it looks. 15 poison attacks and poision shooting). Set all this up on left.

set up screen goblin bow unit, 20, no command in mid. Behind it put orc boys full command, behind them put anothe goblin unit like 25-30 id go with spears kuz this will be used for D. Set all this up mid. DONT FORGET THE FANATICS.

U can set up units of 10 black orcs if points allow but no need for command. These are nice for hiting flanks hard after a unit is in combat.

Charge! the left side fast and hit a unit hard. Make yoru way through. Shoot strong stuff witht he spiders and USE THE FREE REFORM OF FAST CAV, if you dont know how to use it, dont make; this unit expensive, kus it is lt armour.

move your middle forward but the last unit of goblins face right ish. If they come up the right Defend it. Make the screen gobos go right too and let the orcs fight the mid when they get there.

Idea is overload one side. and just d the other and march the middle at a regular rate.

to make the middle go faster get another magic banner and get the waggh banner

if you are fighting magic maybe use the god, gork or mork banner.

the basic tactis is the same. Get the strong stuff in fast on one flank

Id use the black orcs to defend the right too.

Dont know if this helps, but that is just an example, play with it.

+ Reply to Thread