Rank Bonus with Boars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rank Bonus with Boars

Thanks so much with the help on my previous question.

I have decided to mount my Warboss and BSB on Boars for the armour saves - but does the hind end of a Boar count as a rank - it has Unit Strength 2 therefore it should count for the first and second rank in my mind.

Also Black Orcs in Blocks of 15 - Bad idea?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Royalwulff View Post
    Thanks so much with the help on my previous question.

I have decided to mount my Warboss and BSB on Boars for the armour saves - but does the hind end of a Boar count as a rank - it has Unit Strength 2 therefore it should count for the first and second rank in my mind.

Also Black Orcs in Blocks of 15 - Bad idea?

Thanks in advance.
    By that logic why doesn't a unit of 5 Boar Boys count as two ranks, or 5 Ogres count as three ranks? =)

It isn't really clear in the rulebook. In the previous edition there was a rule that yes he could count as both ranks, so most people just play it that way and let it go, at least where a single cavalry model is concerned. We had a rather long discussion about that a few weeks ago:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...hed-bases.html

It really depends on what your plan for them is, if they're going to work the flank, 15 could be ok. If you plan to put them in the center of the battle line, a unit that's easier to panic is never good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Link.

So as I understand it a Character mounted on a Boar would account towards the Rank Bonus of both 1 and 2 Ranks in an infantry unit. Very Cool that will help out immensely.

Thanks again.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

As a tactical note, I personally don't like shorting units with the intention of dropping a character in there. I just take a full 25 boys and two get to walk behind if a mounted character goes in. OnG armies are generally kinda cramped for deployment because of all the large blocks of cheap models. Any little bits of flexibility you can eek out of it are a Good Thing(tm) in my book. And you don't want you opponent to automatically know 'that's where the general's going' when the mob with only 18 models hits the table =)

+ Reply to Thread