Would this kind of army work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would this kind of army work?

I had an idea for an Orcs and Goblins army, but as I don't really have any experience with the army (or the book), I wanted to run the general idea by you guys to see if it would work.

I realized that I like Black Orcs alot, and I like all manner of Goblins, Trolls, and Giants alot, but normal Orcs just feel meh to me. So I thought, what about a goblin horde that had a group of Black Orcs cruise in and take over the army through bullying. So the army would be almost an all goblin army, except for some Black Orcs, and a Black Orc leading it.

Do you think this sort of army could work out? Would it be cheesy or beardy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't call it cheesy or beardy, but then again, I run an army like this quite a bit. Usually I'll put a Black Orc Big Boss in a group of Night Goblins and have a unit of Black Orcs on the flank. I do use regular Orc Boyz, but you could throw in another unit of Gobbos in their place easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I actaully run a full Gobbo force with Gobbo characters and have a unit of black orcs in it to kill the things I know that the Gobbos have no chance against. It works alright on the battlefield with mixed results and is by no means considered cheese or beardy.

Besides how could it? One painic test in the right unit will see most of your army high tail it off the board. My friends enjoy playing it because at times the Goblins can cause mayhem and then in the next game they'll run. Its all fun which is the most important rule.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

green destruction

you are taking on the role of a greenskin commander...

do not worry about parity, do not concern yourself with evenhandedness, do not pause to consider the math...

simply hand your night gobbos their spears, your savage orcs their choppas and your pump wagson their... pumps...

this is warhammer...

anything can work, so long as you have the strength of will to make it so...

paint it, field it, love it...

if not, dispose of it and begin again...

then decimate your opponent 'neath a green tide

game well

+ Reply to Thread